Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gaijin
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother has one, and i am looking at buying one soon. What all recalls should i check for on the car?

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I also have a 2002. There has been 1 recall for brake lines (they install a $0.05 clip to keep a brake line from the small possibilty of rubbing against a steering component). I have heard there has been a recent recall for a gas-tank-valve-thingie, (if you flip the car upsidedown, more than the legal limit of gasoline may spill) but I have not received my notice as of yet. Either way, neither recall is serious

·
Gaijin
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hyunelan2 said:
I also have a 2002. There has been 1 recall for brake lines (they install a $0.05 clip to keep a brake line from the small possibilty of rubbing against a steering component). I have heard there has been a recent recall for a gas-tank-valve-thingie, (if you flip the car upsidedown, more than the legal limit of gasoline may spill) but I have not received my notice as of yet. Either way, neither recall is serious

The rear brake noise is freaking annoying though.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
The clips that were installed as part of the warrenty/recall work have nothing to do with noise coming from the rear brakes. If you have a noise it is a different issue.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
no recalls worth even discussing. They are so minute in detail and importance you dont have to worry about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts