Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how would I go about removing my grill? I'm thinking of painting it. I thought I read somewhere that you had to actually remove screws from under the car(under the front bumper) along with the ones on top.

·
Registered
289 Posts
On my 2001 GT, there are six 10mm bolts securing the grille to the hood. Two on the left, two on the right, and 2 in the center.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is a b***h to do. I put my INCUS grill in the other day (HD) and it is a lot more involved than I thought.

There are 2 bolts and 2-4 plastic clips holding the grill in. They are right on the top of the grill, where you'd expect them to be. SURPRISE - there are 6 screws holding the grill in FROM THE BACK to get them out you'll need to pop your headlights out and slide your arm between the grill and the radiator. I recommend small arms and the right tools or else it will be VERY frustrating. Good luck

·
EXD Commander
482 Posts
It is a b***h to do. I put my INCUS grill in the other day (HD) and it is a lot more involved than I thought.

There are 2 bolts and 2-4 plastic clips holding the grill in. They are right on the top of the grill, where you'd expect them to be. SURPRISE - there are 6 screws holding the grill in FROM THE BACK to get them out you'll need to pop your headlights out and slide your arm between the grill and the radiator. I recommend small arms and the right tools or else it will be VERY frustrating. Good luck
Tru dat, it is a b!tch to take off let alone put back on. It will take more than an hour, at least it did for me. It has a lot of skrews that are tightly compacted. Brookes and I both have put on the incus grille and I know it wasn't fun

I look at my old grill and find out how many skrews are in it tomro.

·
EXD Commander
482 Posts
LOLZ, I'll help in any way I can.

There is 4 of the large bolts on top then six more that are evenly in space around the grille

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
On the HD, it is best if you remove the bumper to remove the grille.

·
EXD Commander
482 Posts
It actually easy if you just take out the headlights and disconnect the air piece there is enough room. Take the bumper off only if you have too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts