Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Oil Press I can do (or find you the link to). Water Temp I haven't done. I'll edit this post in a minute as soon as I look up the link.

EDIT

http://www.elantraxd.com/yabbse/index.php?board=18;action=display;threadid=5519

Now here's some advice:

DON'T try to tap into the oil 'rail' on the front of the engine as shown in the 1st picture in the post. It is a $itch to get out, and you'll prob. just end up stripping it out. Instead, go to you local auto parts store and buy a 1/4npt 'T' Fitting and a 1/4npt 'nipple'. Remove your factory oil pressure sending unit (the one that gives you an oil light when the pressure's low). It is located on the front lower portion of the block, almost directly behind the 'downpipe' for the exhaust. You'll want to take off the heat shield for more room. Put the nipple where the factory SU was and attach the T to the end. Put your factor SU on one side of the T and the new sending unit on the other side. If you have a mechanical gauge without a sending unit, you'll prob. need another 1/4npt nipple to put in place of the sending unit and screw on the oil line there.

I know it's kinda vauge, but hope it helps.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
As far as the Water Temp gauge goes, the gauge you buy will come with a sending unit. Tap into the line going to the throttle body using a threaded brass tee. Make sure you get one with an electric sending unit, the mechanical bulbs are a bi**h to run throught the firewall.
Parts needed:
Gauge Kit
One 1/8 inch pipe thread tee
Two 5/16 x 1/8 pipe thread nipples.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts