Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you can feel a differance in ride quality once lowering springs have been installed ?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yes, you will feel the difference. Depeding on which springs you get, the ride will be a little stiffer or considerably stiffer.

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
the eibach spring produce a close to stock ride quality and are easier on the struts.
-Stolen from jay's MSN group

·
Registered
454 Posts
it is recomended as the stock struts are not made for lower springs and will not last as long once lowered. There is a more detailed explanation to this maybe someone will chime in

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
evil247 said:
it is recomended as the stock struts are not made for lower springs and will not last as long once lowered. There is a more detailed explanation to this maybe someone will chime in
Ok I will chime in..I have had B&G'S in my car car with a 1.7 inch drop all around and I used stock shocks,I had these springs in for about a year and the ride was pretty much like stock but just a little bit stiffer..I also had H&R'S in my with a 1,4 inch drop in the front and 1.3 inch in the rear I also used my stock shocks with these,I had these for about a year also and the ride was VERY much like stock....Im now back to my stock springs and im still useing my stock shocks and all is fine..I hope this info helps you.

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
I went back to stock springs because I was having a on going tranny leak that me nor Hyundai could stop so Hyundai decided to replace my tranny under warrenty,I was so happy but I was also scared because I had lowering springs in and the leak was coming from were the axle goes in the tranny on the left side and I figured could my lowering springs be causing the leak cuz my front axle is under stress from the drop?..So be4 I brought the car into Hyundai to get the tranny put in a took the H&R'S out and sold them..Well I come to relize that it prolly was not the drop but im not 100% sure so I just decided to keep the stock spings in and not lower my Elantra ever again.

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
wdsfr said:
Do lowering springs present any mechanical problems ? Anyone else have a trans leak ?
This has not been proved so I dont know but I was not taking a chance in putting my lowering springs back in with a new tranny in my car,the bottom line is when you lower a car your stress your front axle,especially the axle seals that meet with your tranny.

·
Registered
11 Posts
the ride quality differs from springs to the size of tire u run i have intrax on 205/40/17 the ride at slow speed suck but at 70/80 miles hr its like a caddy also i had trans the leak am lowed about 2.5, my wife had the trans leak she stock, my friend had the trans leak and he's stock, so what i am trying to say is its hyundai problem, also all three elantra are 2001

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
ok people,

for the last time. Lowering your car WILL NOT make you have a transmission leak. It simply WILL NOT. You are not altering the angle of any suspension parts. You are not change caster camber unless you put big ass hondarific wheels that don't fit into the wheel well when you lower it. The angle of your axles, tierods, control arms, bushings, sway bar, sway bar links everything will be exactly the same as long as there is a uniform drop in the springs.

For argument sake, think about that reason:

Your axle changed angles.

How is this possible? Does your engine and transmission stay at stock height and everything else drops? This is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!

Stop beliving everything your dealer tells you. Believe me we changed out at least 3 automatic transmissions EVERY GOD DAMN week at Key Hyundai in Milford, CT. You can call there and ask for Paul he is the head mechanic and tranny guy. Ask him how the betaII auto trannies are...

sometimes i just don't know...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

shawn :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have H & R springs on my 01...rides better than stock when I hit the freeway....have had no tranny leak(got an auto)...nice look for the drop..rollin with 16x7..205/50's...and on stock struts, in the area I live and work has sh#$ty roads (near the port of L.A./Long Beach) and its lil harder on the bumps...but all in all no problems... :dj:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts