Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought BSA rims and 215/45/17 tires (recommended size by wheelguyz.com).

When I ordered them the person I spoke to said I needed spacers for the front rims only to avoid rubbing.

When they arrived, there were 4 spacers included...so I decided to put them all on. I took the car for a quick ride and the back tires just rub the inside edge of the fenders (the car is NOT lowered at all). They literally just touch the inside 1/8". It looks like if I took the spacers off the back it would be fine. HOWEVER, after I removed the rim, took off the spacer and then went to put the rim back on, there is a screw which does not allow the rim to sit flush to the hub.

Basically there are the four bolts and between two of them is a brass colored philips head screw. Does anyone have any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks for any help. Sorry I don't have any pictures- camera is on my desk at work. :mad:

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
For anyone else who may need this in the future, there's brass screws on the rear Drums of a GLS as well. These screws are used to hold brake parts inplace during the assebly process, before the wheels are installed to hold them on for good. These scews do nothing but get in the way of new rims.

I had the same question when I put my rims on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts