Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a question, I'm assuming the answer is already a no just through deduction, but maybe you guys know something that I do not.

Specifically I'm looking for these rims in our bolt pattern, 4x114.3 (4.5):

http://www.carid.com/konig-wheels/r...PLA&cagpspn=&gclid=CJbG3_zzsrUCFQhxQgodpC4AlQ

I was wondering, is there any way that these would fit, or any website that I could go to that I would possibly be able to find our bolt pattern in these? Ive checked eBay, Amazon, and spent a good 2 hours scrolling through Google with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciatted!

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
any rim with the following specs will fit..

4 x 114.3
bore size of 67.1 or larger, but then you will have to get hubcentric adapters.
offset will vary but the OEM is +45 (wow...been dealing with some many hyundais lately...i think that right. haha)

also use the tire calculator in the rim show off thread that is stickied to get a good sense of tire size. if your going with a 17" rim then the best sizes are going to be 215/40 (slightly under, but i have run that size for a LONG TIME) or a 215/45 (which i'm currently running...they are OVERSIZED and will affect mileage and acceleration. You can also get a 225/40 which is spot on or a 205/45 which is also pretty much spot on.

·
2003 Elantra Owner
3,782 Posts
Don't get the 4x100 and 4x114.3 dual lug pattern rims. Those look bad, why have extra holes in your rims you won't ever use? Gross. I feel like throwing up when I see 8 holed lug pattern rims on a 4 lug car. Or 10 lug on a 5, etc...

I made a chart a long time ago that showed tire sizes and how they relate to the stock tire.

Some of the sizes might not be achievable or hard to find. I didn't use numbers from a tire store, I just made a bunch of combos that would be close to the stock size.

I marked the differences on the far right column. A - neg is smaller, positive is larger. The
green = less than 1 mm difference
yellow = less than 3 mm difference
orange = less than 5 mm difference
red = greater than 5 mm difference.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Many dual bolt pattern rims look great on our cars. It is his opinion, let the masses and the owner of the car decide if they look good or not.

Those wheels that you posted are not dual lug pattern, they just have extra holes drilled there for some strange reason. Check out the official rim gallery if you cannot decide on what you want.
http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?28-Official-Rim-Gallery

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Matt I think you're too conservative in your chart. You need look more at % difference. For example 195-55r16 may be 6mm larger in diameter, but it's less than 1% difference. So at 100 mph it'll be 1 mph off. That's fine. I think if you're ~3% or greater i.e. 20 mm difference, then it might be bad

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I'm with Matt. While the wheels themselves may look ok, having the "universal" or multiple bolt pattern holes makes the wheel look cheap. Luckily, a lot have a centercap that will hide it. You don't see many show cars and award-winners with multiple-bolt configurations - there's a reason.

·
2003 Elantra Owner
3,782 Posts
It's been a while, but I believe I tried to base it off of normal tire wear.

As you drive even with the stock tire, the tire diameter will change. So speedometers shouldn't be affected too much if the tire is in the normal range for tire wear.

Normal tire wear is 2/32" or 1.6mm. Not much.
http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires_101/warranty/standard_consumer/
http://www.tirewear.org/how-to-measure-tire-tread-depth/

If the new tire is less than the stock tire, and considering wear, it will just get farther off as you drive.
With a size slightly higher, it will get more accurate as you drive.

Smaller will make you drive faster
Higher will make you drive slower

Percentage is a good way to look at it as mtlelantra is saying.
With the tire fully worn out on 195/55r16 it would be .69 mph off @ 100 mph. So it about .5 mph of it's inaccuracy will be taken away as it's driven.

Aftermarket size * 100 / 615 (original) gives percentage difference.
620.9 * 100 = 62090
62090 / 615 = 100.96%
convert percent to decimal 1.0096
Times that by the speed you wish to travel and it will tell you what that tire size will read.

Just explaining the formula if anyone wants to check a size they are interested in.

I'm kinda picky so I like to be accurate. Like mtlelantra is saying it's not that big of a difference to worry. I don't think many would notice a difference if the tire is kept with-in 10mm that would be roughly 2 mph off, most people would accept that. I'd prefer within 1mm, but that's me.

Yep, there is a reason like hyunelan says, they are just not as appealing. The rim designs are usually good/nice, but the extra holes kills it. If hidden by a cap, then it will look fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts