·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/impressions/2011-hyundai-elantra

Here's what they say about the suspension:

Road & Track said:
And on the road, the suspension tuning felt firm but by no means harsh, with good damping and control of body motions. In the interest of keeping weight down and costs in check, the new Elantra has a twist-beam rear axle in place of the previous car’s independent arrangement. In our mildly aggressive drive, no limitations were felt because of this switch to simpler hardware, but the mpg-improving electric-assist steering did lack good feel, even though the level of assist was about right. The stock tires are 195/65-15s, but 205/55HR-16s and 215/45HR-17s are available on larger alloy wheels.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I am kinda turned off at the idea of electronic throttle control. If that censor were to ever go bad, you either can't make the car go, or it won't stop, Toyota. At least I would have the sense to throw it into neutral.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Hyundai's been using TBW since 2002. Other manufacturer's have been as well. Only Toyota didn't bother to put a brake override into their TBW.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I am kinda turned off at the idea of electronic throttle control. If that censor were to ever go bad, you either can't make the car go, or it won't stop, Toyota. At least I would have the sense to throw it into neutral.
The odds of a pedal sensor going out are probably about the same as the throttle cable sticking or breaking.

(((aside: one time about 10 years ago at work, we were driving back to the shop from a jobsite and the throttle cable snapped on our Ford 10-ton dump. We twisted it together and reattached the break with a pair of vice grips to limp it home. Of course this shortened the cable so it was the equivalent of having the gas pedal depressed a bit the whole time. Took some inventive driving to make it back, luckily it was only like 5 miles)))

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Some rally car driver used shoelace as a throttle cable when the main broke one time.

But what Hyundai was using DBW since 02?? I didnt know of any till 05 with the new Sonata.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
It's almost inpossible to find a new car with a throttle cable anymore. I actually prefer my 06 GMC's TBW over my father's 03 cable. Mines got a much more progressive off the line feel to his abrupt "on/off" feel.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
silent....they used it in the XG300 first...but it was melco (made by mitsubishi NOT hyundai) and it fails quite a bit...but it goes into limp mode rather then sticking wide open. hyundai started with its own (delphi systems) with the 06 sonata and then the azera, santa fe, vera cruz and entourage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts