Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has installed a roof rack on their elantra and if so any recommendations on which one to get would help. I don't have anything installed on the roof as of yet it's completely stock.

thanks

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Though I did not use it on the Elantra, the Yakima system is very well liked. You will need Qtowers (4), 48" crossbars (2), and Q99 clips (2 pair). Fairing optional.

No drilling required. There are cheaper rack options out there, but this one won't require you to make any holes. Some parts, like the Qtowers and crossbars, are universal - so look for some used ones to save a buck.

·
Platinum Member #1
2,010 Posts
i had the yakima rack. i'll sell you my q-towers cuz my new subie has roof rails and i need different mounting clamps

you can see it in my sig \/

·
2003 Elantra Owner
3,782 Posts
Yakima and Thule are both great racks for any brand car. Both brands have tons of attachments to mount various things to the roof: luggage, bikes, kayaks, baskets, carriers, etc... They have fitments for almost any car that provide a no-drill install. These will not damage the roof if used properly.

http://www.thule.com/en-US/US
http://www.yakima.com/

·
Scary Super Mod
7,371 Posts
if they dont take it, pending price i might take it how much for the whole set up that you have?
i had the yakima rack. i'll sell you my q-towers cuz my new subie has roof rails and i need different mounting clamps

you can see it in my sig \/

·
Platinum Member #1
2,010 Posts
well, i'm NOT selling the whole thing. JUST the q-towers. like i said my new car has rails and i'm planning to get the clamps for it.

$50 + shipping on the q-towers but i'm keeping the lock cores so you'll have to get some seperately. reason being my key fits both these locks and the ones on my snowboard rack so i want to keep it all together.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
$50 for the Q-towers is a good deal guys.

·
7 psi tunned by poweraxel
3,203 Posts

·
chef 4 life
5,781 Posts
That's cool, but depending what type of stuff you're looking to haul, any bar that's not a Yakima or Thule is going to require extra mounts to adapt the carriers. Good price on the basic rack system though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts