Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

I replaced my rotors the other day with new OEM ones. They are doing fine, but I lost the 2 screws that were holding each of the rotors on. Are they needed? It looks like the rotors are really held on by the studs and the rims. I just want to make sure they aren't needed.

Thanks!
Spatch!

·
Registered
262 Posts
NO SIR not needed.....
if u ever put aftermarket rims on ur car you will need to take them out anyway!!!!!
dont worry about em
every person on here with aftermarket rims has taken them out and no problems yet!

·
Registered
371 Posts
The screws were put there to hold them on during the production line assembly... not completly needed, though if you have any problems with the rotor's then they can blame it on that... Also say in the event you loose a wheel, those two screws will hold the rotor in place so you don't loose that as well...

·
Registered
262 Posts
hey if u loose a wheel i dont think NOT loosing ur rotor will help the initial problem of loosing the wheel!!!

:)

·
Blown GK
220 Posts
They are there for more then just assembly. *IF* your lug nuts come loose the screws will keep your rotor from wobbling and possibly causing damage to the Rotor. I have my screws in with my big brake kit AND aftermarket wheels. The guy @ Rotora was actually happy to see that I put them in.

and all 3 sets of aftermarket wheels I've had on my car have the spaces cut out for the screws. If you can...put them in.

·
In da game for a while...
1,635 Posts
I've been driving w/o them for 2 years when i got my rims. So far no problems.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
I had to ditch them when I put on my aftermarket rims. Dual bolt patters=death to little rotor screws, but it saved a couple oz in wheel weight.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The screws are just there to hold the rotor on when there is no wheel. One the wheel is on it and the studs hold the rotor in place.

Same thing on my old Prelude, I had to replace the rotors at 193000, and the screws broke off when I tried to take them out. I just pout it back togeather without them, and they were still fine when I traded it in at 204000 for my Elantra.

·
Registered
741 Posts
My aftermarket rotors do not have a place to use the screws. If you dont need to remove them, then dont. Otherwise, you'll be ok with out them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts