Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thing made a bigger difference than I expected. I installed it in just a couple minutes, and when I went for a drive I felt an immediate improvement just driving out of the neighborhood cruising at 20 mph. It felt like I had more control over the steering at any speed and the car would tend to respond more predictably with my steering corrections. In other words, the steering response is more precise. It will NOT reduce body roll, but it WILL reduce chassis flex which are two distinctly different things when it comes to handling.

With that said, the 19.2mm Tiburon rear sway bar is still the #1 suspension modification by far. So do that first!

This strut bar just adds a little more to the driving experience. :D

(It comes very close to the firewall, but doesn't quite touch)

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SuperGLS said:
Damn you Steve... mods mods and more mods. You are making me jealous, since you have the best looking White Elantra now.
lol. Thanks, I think. I'm almost done. There are a few things I need to get done/fixed -- a screwed up front bumper, ECU reprogramming at the dealer, oil change, inspection, install hubcentric rings. Then I'll get clear sidemarkers and tint, and that'll be it. After that, I don't have anymore plans.

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It might be stronger... I'm not sure.

Check this out though, if you haven't seen it:

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
04 elantra cvvt said:
Well that is enough proof for me. Does anyone know what the RPM one is made of?
RRM. It's made of 'titanium metal alloy' - in Arnold's voice. Actually, I don't know, but it feels stronger than aluminum. I'll try the magnet test later today.

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
I do not have one of these, I have the SR one which is like the mussa and most every other one. The RRM one is quality through and through according to everyone that has gotten it. It differs in that one the SR and others, you have those bolts on either side of the bar to attach the mounting plates. Thess "joints" are weaknesses. The RRM bar has no such joints, therefore stiffer. As far as the standing on it test, the strength is along the length of the bar not across the top. And along the length of the bar is where it is needed to do the job. That said, I still think the RRM is better.

As to the mounting points, and there only being one of them:

The weakest part of the structure is at the furthest point from both the firewall and the fender. That mounting point would be the stud which it mounts to. And there is very little chassis flex there. I mean we're talking a couple of mm at most. Those studs can more than handle that kinda stress. Plus remember, under even hard street driving you will barely be able to notice it. Some would say it is all in your mind. I agree until you are pushing past the 90% of the chassis capacity. That is where the benefit comes in. But of course I have the SR and not the RRM, so if Steve says he can feel it with the RRM at 20mph, I'll take his word for it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.