Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile back I posted this, someone was looking to have their car tuned/dyno'd to see the results. I was curious if that ever happened...

I was playing with my SAFC at the track the last time all of what I did only made my times worse. Reverted back to no settings on the SAFC I ran my best time that night...

Right now I have my SAFC just set at -7% on the Low Throttle (<25%) -- does nicely on saving gas and haven't seen any performance decreases by doing that... But I'm still interested to see what other people might have as settings on their SAFC... I've tried alot of settings just none seemed to have helped...

Anyhow, if anyone cares to share their SAFC settings, I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
On N/A cars it's gonna be really hard to do something w/ SAFC and get good numbers out of it w/out dyno tuning. When you get a turbo and bigger inj. SAFC is just goin to help you not to run rich at idle, and once again, the best setting will be made at dyno!

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
hmm.. i have not used the safc, but i have found that pulling some fuel out below 3500 rpms will show some improvement BUT you'll want to go back to stock or even richer above 3500 to support more power...

i found that with the ss fuel tuner i went - 4 on low end and +4 on high end but that only puts my high end back to stock levels and i felt a great boost..

I have not tested the 1/4 mile performance using these settings yet but I plan to do so this weekend...

I would also like to point out that when I had the stock TB on my current setup, i was running so lean it idle that the car would stall.

when i switched to the bigger BBTB, it ran so rich that i could smell the gas and it was idling at 1000 rpms...

that is why I HAD to turn down the fuel at idle... I dont know if the same will apply to someone with a stock IM or even a ported one...

In addition... let it be known that the new ECU flash update that is available through the dealer is known to FIX the low rpm stumble which our cars have in hot environments... that leads me to believe that our cars run too lean at idle to start with and turning it leaner will only make it worse... (if you have the problem to begin with).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts