Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right forum but it does cover most of the electronic stuff. Has anyone come up with a procedure for deactivating the red seatbelt warning light in the 2002 XD? I imagine there's a sensor under the seat that might be unplugged but I haven't taken a really good look yet.

Thanks in advance, Curtis

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
there is a sensor but i wouldn't mess with it for safety reasons. it may tie in with the g-force sensors for the pretensioning function of the seatbelts.

what i would do if the warning light bothers you is just disconnect the bulb from the cluster or clip the wire going to it. that's relatively easy to do.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
schilcur said:
I'm not sure if this is the right forum but it does cover most of the electronic stuff. Has anyone come up with a procedure for deactivating the red seatbelt warning light in the 2002 XD? I imagine there's a sensor under the seat that might be unplugged but I haven't taken a really good look yet.

I know the best way to keep the light off...............

WEAR YOUR DAMN SEATBELT!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
How about disabling the stupid seat belt chime that goes off whenever you get out of your car and leave it running or take your seatbelt off before you turn the car off. That thing pisses me off. And BTW 2gts, I always wear my seatbelt. I just hate that chime!

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
OMG. The chime disable is a less than 10 second proceedure. Look under the dash while the keys are in and the door is open. See the chime that is making the noise: Disconnect the plug that goes to it. Voila no more noise. I disconnect this whenever I work on the car and get annoyed. I can even disconnect/reconnect while driving now, it's that easy.

·
Registered
275 Posts
schilcur said:

I would highly suggest that you DO NOT, under any circumstances deactive any plug to disable the seatbelt light. Why you ask? That sensor is used to detect whether a seat belt is on to fire the pretension mechanism in an accident.

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
The seatbelt chime and connections are tied to the SRS airbag system. Unhooking it will cause the airbag light to flash.

Unhooking the chime is simple, but I prefer to keep everything hooked up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts