Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I need to make the GUDE kit works in an 04?
I have a S-AFC ready by the way.

·
Registered
371 Posts
H5N1 said:
What do I need to make the GUDE kit works in an 04?
I have a S-AFC ready by the way.
MAP Conversion... I'd just do this because the long run the MAF is going to restrict you vs. just doing a MAP conversion and getting it over and done with...

how you would go about the MAP conversion, I am not quite sure :)

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
From what I understand, GUDE is currently working on a Turbo kit for the CVVT motor, but they're getting a lot of CEL issues. Don't quote me on this, though.

I feel your pain though, H5N1. I hate how there's all this stuff for the 01-03, and hardly anything for the 04. Granted, a lot of the stuff works on 01-04, but still. I'd LOVE to go Turbo, but I'm affraid I'll never have the money to do something like that.Same goes for Nitrous. I'm struggling just to save up enough money for some damn rims and tires. :(

Axel

·
Registered
371 Posts
2004ElantraGLS said:
From what I understand, GUDE is currently working on a Turbo kit for the CVVT motor, but they're getting a lot of CEL issues. Don't quote me on this, though.

I feel your pain though, H5N1. I hate how there's all this stuff for the 01-03, and hardly anything for the 04. Granted, a lot of the stuff works on 01-04, but still. I'd LOVE to go Turbo, but I'm affraid I'll never have the money to do something like that.Same goes for Nitrous. I'm struggling just to save up enough money for some damn rims and tires. :(

Axel
I do believe that is correct that they are working on a turbo kit for the CVVT w/MAF, thought the MAF will restrict you if your looking for high hp in the long run, esspecially the way it's setup on our cars...

What most of the korean's are doing for the 04 models and I think the v6 tiburons (MAF's on the v6) is actually doing a MAP conversion...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts