Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Shark Racing intake

7K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  Dust 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed the Shark Racing intake and if so is it a good quality intake?
Is it worth the price?

Thank you for answering my questions!!!!

#4 ·
While we are on the subjecct on intakes, is the Team SR Fusion intake good and has anyone ever used it in order for me to get an opinion? I would rather purchase this intake since it was recommended to me and is less expensive. So does anyone have an opinion?

This is the website:

http://www.teamsr.org/Hyundai/01elantra-evofusionintake.html

Thanks and sorry if my questions are dumb, I am a newbie after all!! ha

#6 · (Edited)
i have the intake, and it is installed...put it this way, neon drivers (2 friends) installed this intake in 30 mins in my work parking lot, while i was working. its awesome, i love it, has a very uniq sound to it, sounds hella more agressive.
but yeah, fits perfect.

yes, the evo fusion intake is the same, but has a glossy shinny finish, the SR one, looks plastic because of its rough finish, but it IS aluminum.

#7 ·
i have the TEAMSR CAI i like it.. installation was rather fun. you have to cut the hole bigger by the fender wall. you will not be able to use the battery tie down since this intake uses up a lot of space and it pushes the battery forward so theres no space(atleast on mine there wasnt) .then you just have to keep twisting until it barely fits under the fuse box. like i posted once before mine DID NOT line up completely to the TB but the gasket thing covers it all up. but over all its worth its $$$ . as for shark racing i had a hell of a time getting customer service when i ordered my bumper lights and they got lost in the USPS mail system :rolleyes:

#10 ·
Here is mine, just installed yesterday. It's only loud if you accelerate fast or you get to the high RPM's. Fitment is close to perfect. We had to cut the hole a little bigger and couldn't use the bracket to secure it through the fuse box bolt hole. Oh wells.

#16 ·
Or are you talking about the hiss. That is the auto choke. Kicks off after a couple minutes right? Hey just a side note, careful with the intake. I took mine back off because it could have been what made my exhaust manifold crack. Of course it doesn't help that I drive over 90 MPH regularly and legally here. Just a thought/warning for all... :drive:

#18 ·
I thought you were gone already. Sometimes I get a tiny "cough" depends on if I pull in and just shut off or actually let it go back to idle. Did you install CAI? Want one cheap cheap (Tburton only)?

#19 ·
TNT4ME said:
Or are you talking about the hiss. That is the auto choke. Kicks off after a couple minutes right? Hey just a side note, careful with the intake. I took mine back off because it could have been what made my exhaust manifold crack. Of course it doesn't help that I drive over 90 MPH regularly and legally here. Just a thought/warning for all... :drive:
How could an intake possibly make an exhaust manifold crack? That doesn't make any sense.

#20 ·
More air in, more air out? :confused: Just one of the many things I am thinking about why my damn exhaust manifold cracked at 28,000 miles. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back on topic....I definately noticed a big difference when it was on. Even it it was just my foot on the gas pedal more to hear it open up.

#22 ·
Yeah, it's kind of a hiss type sound, it's pretty loud for the first 20-30 seconds from when I turn the car on, then it quiets down, but I can still here it a little bit. Is this just from the more air that the filter is sucking up now? Any thoughts are eliminating it?

#24 ·
You should hear my shorty intake when I first crank it.. sounds like its trying to suck the car inside out.....

#26 ·
That sound when you turn the car off is a cylinder ending on an intake stroke so its the last bit of air going into the intake. When you turn off the car, the engine doesnt just stop, it must deaccelerate and thats the sound you hear. Its normal. And that ticking noise is louder now with the intake because there isnt as much plastic and as many resonators to dull the sound. The sound you hear when you hit the gas from idle or nuetral is air rushing in behind the butterfly as the throttle body opens and there is a vacuume.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.