Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i installed a short ram on the gt but there's a big delay from when i press the gas i find it takes much longer to accelerate than with the original oem filter box. Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
no, I would say that is not normal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's not throwing no cel what do you think it could be?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright thanks i'll try it tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
What short ram intake did you install?

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
What short ram intake did you install?
i dont think that matters...

it is the ECU imo. that thing is still reading for the stock box in there, so the throttle response is still slower (though SRI actually is supposed to increase that).

just food for thought: any performance mod done to engine/exhaust should be followed by an ECU reset so the car can "learn" the new features that you have added.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks alot for the help. The short ram is from my 91 accord but i cut it a bit more for the nipple.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
When I installed and reset my ECU it didn't reset my trip or my mileage to empty and I get S*** gas mileage now. I have the filter on the end of the snorkel tube for now. Any ideas.Maybe I am having the same problem. BOB

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i reset the ecu and there's nomore lag but now i have a cel i went and got the flex pipe done on my car maybe the guy welded to close and burnt it or forgot to plug it in it only come on after i drive a bit not as soon as i reset the ecu and started.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
he forgot to plug in the sensor? the short ram isnt throwing a code, very unlikely. what code are you throwing its probably associated with ur flexpipe.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
i really dont know the code i didnt plug it in but it was perfect till i got the flex done.

so i fixed the cel my o2 sensor was unplugged

1 - 13 of 13 Posts