Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
That is Fordfaster's site. A member on here. It would definately be an improvement over stock.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I was the first to have his intake on my car... It definitely is GREAT!!!!

I love the sound and the pickup over the stock intake is AWESOME....

It is 100% worth the money..

do it!

shawn :)

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
no matter what you do it will be better then the stock intake box....however a cold air intake will give you a little more hp and torque because of the colder air moving into your engine. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does installing this short ram system void any warrenty on the car, cause of course the car's an 02 ?????????????

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
acr57 said:
Does installing this short ram system void any warrenty on the car, cause of course the car's an 02 ?????????????
it might. it all depends on your dealer, but on the other hand you can always put your stock intake on, when go to the dealer, it will only take you an hour :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Short rams give better throttle response so it may seem like the car got lots of more power. But in reality, CAI will provide better gains.

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
Since I am looking for the best set up, I don't want to be spending Hundres of $ on this intake and that intake, just to try to find the best. So in the interim, this is my set up. I took it out last night for a spin and it seems very good. Once I got it good and hot, i went home and opened the hood and found it to be very cool as compared to normal. it was night time and the temps were cooler, so today it is supposed to be 80ish. I will try it again. I also think i will be adding a scoop underneath to actually catch air.

:update
Added scoop. It is attached with the bolt that is used to mount the air deflection panel which is now removed. I manufactured a small bracket that mounts there and to the scoop.

Impressions:
I underhood temperature is MUCH lower. Keep in mind I have hood spacers too. But after 45 minutes of driving in in-town traffic with speeds only up to 50mph and 83 degree temps, I lifted the hood and if felt barely warm on the intake side of the compartment. Of course the header gives off plenty of heat but the intake side was definately MUCH cooler.

I think what I will do next is take a thermometer and measure the under hood temps with and with out the cold air feed.

Well you can't actually see my intake. it is 3" id pvc pipe with 3" filter and coupler/reducer on TB.

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
just the top half of a raccoon head. LOL

It does hang lower than I would like but this is still trial and error.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
my thoughts:

Thats a good idea in theory, but you should really have the cold air directed either at the Throttle Body or at least the filter element.

You also NEED to screen that bottom scoop in, since its easy to drive over a pile of leaves and you don't want to have to clean your engine all the time

pic:

·
Registered
41 Posts
AAAGGHHHH! What the hell is that!? Like GTS said, just go with a CAI instead. It will look and most likely perform better. My bad, not trying to be rude, if it works for you then keep doing your thing. :)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts