1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Before even clicking the thread I was thinking that dropping it do car of the quarter or something would be better. Car modding just doesn't have the interest/appeal it once did to attract a significant amount of interest of people entering their cars.

·
Im better at video games
1,440 Posts
I just think right now we have two groups of people. People who have already won, and people who are not ready to run.

I dont think we should do away with Car of the month, but Car of the Quarter sounds okay. Maybe open CoTM up to people who are regularly on the site and might not have their elantra any more but still Mod and are ACTIVE members on the site. Maybe a hyundai restriction vs an elantra restriction?

Just some ideas.
I dont mind CoTQ though :p

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
"Car of the Quarter" sounds dumb in name. Maybe rename it to "Featured car" or something like that, and have it be good for a three month term.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
its the double bi annual spotlight spectacular!

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
You could announce it on all the solstices, and just use the seasons. EXD's Featured Ride for Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.

·
lag, lag, lag, bye.
1,309 Posts
Seasonal works too! I was thinking to enter mine one time, but nearly bone stock, with steelies and rust, I doubt anybody would've wanted to stare at it for 30 days lol

·
chef 4 life
5,781 Posts
Yeah, try the 3 month terms and see what happens with it. Maybe a few people will enter if it's not as often.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
labeling them as seasons actually seems kinda like a cool idea imo.
makes me think we should theme them though heh. like you have to take pics according to the theme of which season. that actually sounds like a fun contest too.
course it screws with people who dont have big season changes, but they can figure something out

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
labeling them as seasons actually seems kinda like a cool idea imo.
makes me think we should theme them though heh. like you have to take pics according to the theme of which season. that actually sounds like a fun contest too.
course it screws with people who dont have big season changes, but they can figure something out
So based on that, my chances of winning during fall and winter months are now 0.

But in the spring I could use spring breakers at the beach to pose with my car. lol

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
hehe, i said figure something out, see, be creative. cut out a snowflake from paper and put it on the hood. dump fake snow on it, stand next to the car in a giant winter coat (that you probobly dont even own lol)

also i highly doubt others would be interested in my idea, but "I" think it sounds fun :)

·
Bandwidth Sniper
32 Posts
i dont know.. quarterly or seasonal cuts it down to only 4 a year. monthly does seem to be a bit much. bi monthly would mean 6 a year, which seems to be the best idea to me.

·
Registered
295 Posts
We just need people to finally get off their butt an run for car of the month.
pretty much... I want to run for it but there's a couple more things I want to get done first :( like lightweight pullies and crap

I thought I was gonna be ready to run a few months ago but I guess my senior year in highschool is taking more time away than I thought haha

Car of the Season isn't a bad idea either, bi-monthly is my favorite however

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
pretty much... I want to run for it but there's a couple more things I want to get done first :( like lightweight pullies and crap

I thought I was gonna be ready to run a few months ago but I guess my senior year in highschool is taking more time away than I thought haha

Car of the Season isn't a bad idea either, bi-monthly is my favorite however
your reason is the same reason like id say More than half have. "id run BUT ......." theres always something people want to do before they run.. and then it doesnt happen or even when it does theres soemthing else they want beofore they run, and then they never run.
Way to be part of the problem, and not the solution!
hehe :D

·
lag, lag, lag, bye.
1,309 Posts
Hey, I'm just trying to not give you all eyesores, or get asked why TF are you entering this heap in here?

If you want me to enter, I will enter my bucket every damn month :) haha

·
2005 Member
834 Posts
I would like a more detailed COTS (Car of the Season) Almost like a editorial in a magazine style. I know it requires more work but I would like something kind of like what Canibeat,Speedhunters, Or S3 magazine (Which is one of my favs. Short editorial with mod list and beautiful pics.) does.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts