• Yes

Votes: 34 70.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 29.2%
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
COTM would be cool. I came after it ended. I would love to see it come back and try to compete when I have more mods done.

·
That's Mr. Detail to you
728 Posts
I think it would be good to have a car of the quarter. It might also be fun to take all of the winners of "Car of the Quarter" and enter them into a "Car of the Year" contest.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
That would be cool. I have been wanting to nominate my car for awhile. I don't know if the admins come on here at all.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
I don't think supergls has been on in a while.

I can tell you that I was the one that would "try" to set up the COTM on here. I actually started doing it on the old EXD site before this one started (back in 2003).

I will give you a few reasons it went away:
1) Everyone would say "I will run next month after I finish ... (insert what ever mod you can think of)", then they wouldn't run.
2) Some of the ones that did nominate would not follow the rules and would not list details or pictures of their vehicle.
3) All we needed was 2 cars to run a month, and we couldn't even get that most of the time. And the sad thing is we really had (and still do) a lot of really nice cars on here.

Saying all that, I wouldn't mind trying to get it started again if we could get people to put their cars up. Let me see what the other mods want to do.

·
That's Mr. Detail to you
728 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Maybe I can run every time and just be declared the winner. ;)

Isn't SuperGLS the one who started this website? It's a bit surprising if the site is still up despite him not logging in.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Sounds good. If they decide to try it again, I will nominate my car and follow all of the rules. And I hope many others on here do the same. There are still quite a few people on here.

You are right, rckozma, I was reading through some old COTM threads and you and several other mods told a few people over and over what they were doing wrong when nominating their cars. The instructions were simple to follow but several weren't following.

I was wondering the same thing. If SuperGLS started this site, how come he never comes on here? Has he just moved on?

I hope it comes back. Even if only for every 3 months, that would be cool.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Maybe I can run every time and just be declared the winner. ;)

Isn't SuperGLS the one who started this website? It's a bit surprising if the site is still up despite him not logging in.
Actually Talgat (BlueGT) started the site. He took a job in Israel (I think) and asked the super mods at the time who wanted it. James (SuperGLS), Mike, and I put our names in the hat for it, James took it because he had a lot more time to work on it then the rest of us.

I think James did a great job with it, but he got married, sold his car, got a new job, and realized he wasn't going to have time for the site. I think James still comes on from time to time.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
I don't know if we have a final verdict. Only 2 mods/admins have chimed in. We may give it a go for June. I will let you know later this month.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts