Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and didnt find an answer (though I could swear someone asked before)...what size are the side marker bulbs?

I bought the clear side markers and got to get amber bulbs to stay legal (and I figured I could get them while making my auoillumination order) :cool:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have the sidemarker too (not installed yet)but I thought they were 194's. I'll double check tonight when i get home from work. I want to put LEDs in since after i drill the hole in my fender I don't want to try & take them out again

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the ones I ordered from Kspec still have not come (its been almost two weeks)...and I thought they would come with clear bulbs (since amber is not required in Korea) and I wanted to have the proper amber bulbs ready when they arrived so I can install them without fear of being pulled over for a stupid violation!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I got mine from Carbonman & they came with the 194's, I'm figuring (Slowly, it is not high on my list, due to cutting sheetmetal) out how to hook them up to the turn signals :confused: sometimes I'm confused by the obvious :tongue:

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
04CVVT, the KSPEC ones came today and already had orange bulbs in em...cool deal....got my Avante XD and VVT emblems also.......and right now I have fiberglassed the "crooked H" emblem on the rear.....pics soon!

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
think I will leave the orange bulbs for now....seems like the police pay undue attention to me!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
04Elantra said:
04CVVT, the KSPEC ones came today and already had orange bulbs in em...cool deal....got my Avante XD and VVT emblems also.......and right now I have fiberglassed the "crooked H" emblem on the rear.....pics soon!
I would really like to see that emblem. I am really wanting to do something different to the emblems on my car. David didn't have the CVVT emblem?

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the VVT emblem (although I guess the CVVT is just as applicable cause I dont know if the KDM cars have a CVVT or VVT badge?) The VVT emblem did come in an official Hyundai mobis parts bag...

....I have to admit though that the look of the shaved "crooked H" along with Avante XD and VVT in the rear was done by ilanpro a couple of months ago on a photochop or something....I kinda copied it.

I WILL POST PICS OF MY REAR AS SOON AS I PERFECT THE bondo-ing AND PAINT/CLEARCOAT it! Give me like 2 days.

·
tWiSt AnD sCoRe
362 Posts
Instead of making a new thread, I'll just post here, it seems reasonable. I have been searching for about an hour and have been unable to find the answer I'm looking for. I want to convert the bulbs in my sidemarkers to LEDs. Can someone please tell me what size buld I need to look for? I did see "194" a few times. Wasn't sure if that was it?
04 elantra cvvt said:
If you get LED's for the sidemarkers, make sure you get the inverted lens.
Also, someone elxplain the "inverted lens" thing to me. I've been checking ebay for bulbs and was not able to see that in any item description.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was checking may manual for my 2002 Elantra and was surprised NOT to find what the right bulbs numbers are for the car. I remember someone here posting a link to Hyundai, and I cannot find either. Can some one point me the right direction?

·
Registered
64 Posts
aLoNe I bReAk said:
Also, someone elxplain the "inverted lens" thing to me. I've been checking ebay for bulbs and was not able to see that in any item description.
Check this out: http://autolumination.com/194.htm

Scroll down about 1/4 and you'll see the inverted lenses. If you get those, the entire sidemarker will (should) light up amber. If you get a focused lense it will just make a bright amber dot in the marker, which will look a bit strange.

If you go incandescent, you may want to try the "chrome" bulbs. I kept the amber ones that came with my KSpec markers and the bulb can be seen when the lights are off.

EDIT: This was for my 04.... don't know if things were different on 01-03.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts