Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone has either one of these and how they like them. I am planning on getting one soon, but don't know which to get!! I'm leaning toward Sirius right now.

:drive:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
i have sirius . . . .and i dont know . . . im getting a little bored with it . . . i sometimes use old school radio now that im back in miami. . . i actually called XM to see what they would offer me for switching and to see if the guy could tell me why XM was better but he was a moron and couldnt tell me anything . . .its also cheaper to go with XM . . 9.95 vs. 13.95 with sirius . . . and if you change your satellite unit xm can switch over . . apparently not on sirius . . . and if it breaks i think they will replace it? im not 100% . . . with sirius . . you're screwed all the way . . . except for manufacturers warranty . . but who is gonna send their system out for repair to be without it for like half a year . . . oh plus . . sirius now does contracts i believe . . i got lucky and got in just before they started contracts . . . XM has no contracts . . .so you can have them and cancel whenever you want. so if anything try XM first, if you hate it switch to sirius and sell your xm equipment on ebay and use that money to buy some sirius stuff. finally . . . just go on their websites as well as their users forums( i know sirius has one) and compare everything from specials and prices to actual owner opinions. . . .hope that helps . . oh yeah by the way . . the money you spend on either service will only become evidently worth it to you when you live in a place without a lot of variety on the radio . . .living in miami makes me realize i dont really need satellite radio . . . when i was living in the mountains in GA it was great . . .espescially on loooong loooong road trips . . . if you travel a lot and or live in the boonies then get it if not dont waste your money and send the dough to your credit card company ontop of the minimum payment . . you'll thank me later

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have xm in my ride. I checked out sirus and i thought xm had better stations. XM contracts start at 3 months anything after that you can cancle. XM also has a 12.95 Intial fee, but they will lower it if you actavate online.If you wanna know anything more specific just ask me.

·
no longer missing
64 Posts
I have xm and my cousin has sirius. I think xm is better than sirius, they both play the same music but I just noticed that with xm I can always find something I want to hear. In my cousins car I'm always searching for something to listen to and sometimes I just switch it to regular fm. Also I have heard from a number of people that xm is eventually going to buyout sirius which I believe because sirius has already had financial problems in the not too distant past. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
warlock13 said:
XM contracts start at 3 months anything after that you can cancle. XM also has a 12.95 Intial fee, but they will lower it if you actavate online.If you wanna know anything more specific just ask me.
the dude on the phone told me they are now at 9.95 or something like that . . maybe a special going on? i say go for XM since (if thats true) they are cheaper . . and the whole switchin to FM cause there's nothin good on is true . . . this from a sirius subscriber

hey look at that i broke the coveted 10 posts mark . . woohoo :znaika:

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
I've had XM for over a year. I got the equipment as a gift. I thought that I would try it to see how I liked it. DUDE....IT ROCKS!!! I will never go back to strictly AM/FM radio.

I don't know about Sirrus, but XM has over 1 million subscribers and Sirrus has about 300-400k. That says something.

$9.99 per month

·
Registered
275 Posts
another vote for XM

after comparing the two, XM suited me more. All i can say, I friggen love it. I got the 2 year package deal, and only pay 8.50 a month.

Gregster

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
8.50? hmm. . . but that was an upfront payment right?? or are you actually allowed to pay 8.50 per month every month? let me know i might switch . . lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts