Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Novice Mod-er
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I just discovered this place a few days ago and havn't been able to stop reading... so much great information!

I have had a 2003 Elantra GT for about 10 months (bought new). I havn't had any problems with the car except for two things. Sometimes I hear a slight vibration coming from the passenger door. If I lean over while driving and press lightly on the door, it stops. Has anybody else had this problem? Is this something that the dealer (or myself) can fix rather easily?

Also, I noticed that on windy days, going over 65mph, my moonroof and tops of the doors whistle like crazy. Anybody else experience this?

·
Registered
226 Posts
yeah i have the door vibration too. only diff is i hear it because my exhaust makes it vibrate. from about 2.5 to 3.2 grand the whole car vibrates tho so i'm not worried about it too much. but yeah the noise is really annoying.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Correct, the door vibration is a simple fix. Just remove the door panel (15 minutes at most the first time doing it) and put something there that will stop the vibration. I heard a cheap way is to use the stuff that is underneath carpet (I can't think of the name now, starts with a J I think). Then reattach the door panel. Next week I'll have my door panel off when I'm switching in the GT door panels and I'll take a couple pics if you want. Good luck, oh, and welcome to the site.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Novice Mod-er
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for such quick replies! Is taking the door panel off hard at all? I sit in an office all day long have never really touched my car at all. :)

I guess the question is, would you recommend this to a computer geek that has never touched the inside of a car at all?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Like I said, it might take you some time the first time, but after that it'll be no problem. All you have to do is take out some screws, then stick some sort of flat thing (I used a spatula) inbetween the door and the panel, then gently pull the panel away from the door. It is held in by clips, so you have to pop them out, and if you do it gently you won't break any clips. Don't be scared, just give it a try and you'll be set. Good luck.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
107 Posts
KeWLKaT said:
Also, I have noticed another sound coming from the back, on the right side.

Anyone else?
I noticed sound from the back also, when i sit in the drivers seat its on my left though..... I have a hatch and i suspect it could be coming somewhere from around the left speaker. Anyone had this issue in a hatch? I ignored it for awhile now by just puttin the music up :) , but its startin to piss me off so ill check it out over the weekend if i have time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i thought it was the speaker panel also, maybe cause it's mounted on separate "towers" as in sedans it's all in one piece pretty much. Like i said ill take a more serious look this weekend.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
does it vibrate when the windows are down? i heard a flapping noise when i first got the car, when the windows where down, annoyed the hell out of me and i couldnt figure out what it was. finally im drivin and i look back..its the damn warning tag on the seatbelt so when i got home i cut the bitch off.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Like i said i looked at my car this weekend. It seems i checked every bolt that could have become loose, but everything seems fine, so idk where the problem may be. :conf: The only thing i can suspect of making the noise (think ripped speaker type squeek on bigger bumps and sometimes out of nowhere on highway) is the plastic crap that is holding up my spare tire. I fixed it up, but didnt have a chance to check if it became loose again. Any other thoughts for the source of the sound?!?!?

·
DON'T PANIC!
486 Posts
KeWLKaT said:
Also, I have noticed another sound coming from the back, on the right side.

Anyone else?

That sound drives me crazy, I have yet to find it. I just crank up my stereo and all the other rattles muffle it :rolleyes: .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts