-New timing belt and water pump
-Optima Red top battery
-DEI heat wrap

Lots more to come so stay tuned!!!!!

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, no Tib. It fell through, so the XD will be getting about 10K in upgrades while im in Kandahar in August!

·
Sober
1,823 Posts
Good luck out there soldier, be ready for the heat!
Car is looking awesome, you should throw up the interior pics too because it's very unique.
:thumbsup:

·
Acountabilibuddy
4,862 Posts
Have you done a dyno with the cams?

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Sweet looking ride man.I was also wondering about performance with the cams

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok changed my profile from the XD to the Tib. Hope no one minds, if people want to see the XD its up in the COTM section.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Very nice Donnie, again I can't wait to see what you do to it.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
i agree i can't wait to see what you do to that car!

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well after a few minor misfortunes with my car over the weekend I took it out for a small run tonite and found nothing to be wrong...yet. But I did pick up a tripod for my cam today and did some fooling around with it tonite and here is the one shot I was half pleased with. To many bugs out so I didnt give it much effort.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Nice pic, I love it.

·
The Underdog
514 Posts
Will you get this thing dynoed I really wanna see what power your putting down at 17psi!!!! Hell I will even pay for part of it:tongue:

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will you get this thing dynoed I really wanna see what power your putting down at 17psi!!!! Hell I will even pay for part of it:tongue:
I would love to dyno my pig but I still want to do a few more mods first.
1) Compact Divisions IM
2) UD crank pulley

I cant speculate how much power im making but I can tell you that I had no trouble walking a 2003 Mustang GT, 4.6-liter V8, [email protected] rpm and 302ft/[email protected] rpm.

·
Final Fantasy 7=Teh Sex
3,840 Posts
Your most likely near the 290-310whp mark, your almost near max efficiency on that turbo.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would like to upgrade to a GT28RS soon, or upgrade the internals of this turbo so I dont have to mess around with the flanges on the manifold. I will have to read more into my options so I am better educated.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
^ While the GT28RS is a fabulous turbo, you can get away with just a GT28R. It's only a single ball bearing, instead of dual ball bearing. Struck1481 is using this turbo, and it's great. He's only running 9 psi, no where near maxing it out, and is hitting 238 hp. He's got a thread about it here.

We can get you a good deal on a GT28R turbo too, about $900 when all is said and done. The RS will run you about $1200. But like you said, you don't really want to mess with the flanges situation. You could always add a flange adapter, but I don't know how you feel about that. It would lower the turbo a couple of inches, and I'm not sure if your system has that kind of expansion capability to it.

BTW, all this talk about what you got, but man, you definitely need to take pics of the engine bay. Sure, once you've seen one Alpine kit, you've seen 'em all, but it would still be nice to see some pics.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts