Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys.. Well i just landed a new job that i will be getting $90,000 a year starting. So I got a question for ya.. Out of these cars what one would you want.

1. Porsche Cayenne (2007)Turbo
2. Range Rover Sport (2007)supercharged
3. C350 Sport Benz (New)
4. BMW 3 Series (2008)
5. Lexus is 250 (New)
6. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR (New)

If you have any other ideas please add them thanks!

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
I'd get the 3 series but I don't think this thread is going to go in a good direction. I don't know we'll see.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
None of the above. Genesis V8 if I felt like I had to impress people.

·
chef 4 life
5,781 Posts
Personally, I'd bank some of that money and drive the Elantra a little longer. It's your money though, so whatever.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
What are you doing if I may ask. Also I agree Save it a buy a house.

·
1,674 Posts
None. Does this job have enough job security so you don't get stuck with large car payments once you lose your job? At 90K a year I'm betting that the job security is there, but with your age I don't see this being very viable.

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
To be "Devil's advocate" in the eyes of Bob... Maybe driving a 2005 Hyundai Elantra is your ultimate driving goal, but I'd trade the 'lantra in a heartbeat for any one of those... not that that'd be MY list, but it's a list of better cars. Shut up about "The Elantra gets better fuel economy" or "It'll save you x dollars a year"... that's not the point. He can now afford a more expensive car, and he'd LIKE a more expensive car. Ease up!

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Ultimate driving goal? Hardly. But legally how fast are you goingto go not on a racetrack? That's why there are project cars and Daily Driver cars. Drive one and play with the other.

All the cars listed are purely "Look at me and how much money I have" cars. Other than the Evo and maybe the 3 (depending what version) the rest are nothing special to drive. They are like flashing a wad of $100's. . . all for show.

"Little more expensive"? Are you serious? Cayenne Turbo $70k+. Range rover 80k. C350 $50k. That's double to quadruple the cost of the Elantra. A little more expesive would be a Genesis, or a Sonata.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR. Its sporty and nice, not crazy expensive, and pretty fast. Has about 300HP, so should get the job done.

Congrats on the new job.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well the job is Dent Dr and and two franchises are owned by my cousin so i don't have to worry about loosing the job..and bob is right i'm not looking for speed i'm looking for a car to show and not only that i LOVE luxury vehicles...But like one person said "buy a house" I really don't need one i'm only 18. When it comes to saving money i'm really good believe it or not so i will save a lot of it because i don't have any expenses only thing im going to have to pay for is my car,gas and insurance.. but no one really said what car they would take!!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Dude!

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
So you're living at home, making "$90k" and you're parents haven't kicked you to the curb yet? You're lucky.

I already stated. . . If I had to be flashy and look rich I'd go Genesis V8 and add 20" blingy rims.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Dude, maybe its Monopoly Money!!!

·
Player to be named later
3,334 Posts
I happen to know someone who makes that kind of money and he opted to buy a....

....Hyundai Elantra.

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
as much as i agree with bob and getting a genesis... IF i had to pick a car out of the list... I PERSONALLY would get the evo. simply because i dont care for the rest of the cars, they dont interest me. the evo is a tuner car, and thats what id get. the rest of the cars r like... sunday drivers or business drivers... not something id DD.

the evo, or genesis. or buy another elantra n go ****ing crazy with it.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
What are you doing. Poping dent's for $90K a year. Not gonna happen. I wouldn't take any of those. I would get myself a Truck. A sled and a Dirt Bike. When Spring rolled around I would then get a GSXR. Also You must have some Damn nice Parents.

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
well if I was making 90k i'd def grab a house, f buying a car if you want to REALLY show off you can tell people you have your own HOUSE at 19, i guarantee that will impress people more than any car. and your credit will be good enough to get whatever you want by 23 probably.

if you still want a car though i'd go with something old to play with or buy multiple old cars, you could get a boosted 240z and destroy everything I am biased though. I don't think you can go wrong w/ 400hp and 2400lbs.

Or grab this jag with a 355

1 - 20 of 64 Posts