Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
beat my car. Don't get me wrong, I love it definitely, but the one thing that I can't stand is the paint.

It's black. and when I got the car, it wasn't in the best shape. At all.

Yesterday, I went outside in this 100+ degree weather and spent three hours or more washing, clay bar, the whole she-bang. Unlucky for me, I work at the 4H camp here, and it's in the ****ing state forest, where there are bugs, dirt, dust, deer, bears, and kids. The drive down to work, which is 21 miles even, left my car with a pollen looking film on my car. When I get back home, i get out of my car and see that kids, no matter what day, touch my car and leave handprints all up on the *****.

At first, I was thinking, "Okay, I'll just save up like $1800 and get a new paint job when I can get a rental." But no. I take my car to get an appraisal, and three places say that I would need my roof replaced. That means the trim, the roof, and it would be all ****ed up for a while.

My roof is flimsy. When I got the car, I didn't notice it, but there are big dents on it, and if you press down on the roof itself, the metal presses in and will pop back out when you remove pressure. FML numero uno.

FML numero dos is my rear bumper. Once again, stupid me didn't completely look over the car because I needed a car with better gas mileage than my previous '02 Chevy Blazer (14 city/17 hwy). When you look at it, it looks like some straight up acid was spilled. On one side, there are stress cracks, scuffs, and I'm missing paint in some places.

That's the spilled liquid part.

Honestly, I would rip off my bumper and redo it all if I knew how.

Other than this whole paint/body work issue, I'm in love with my car. :)

Forgive wrong prefix. It's raining, so I got even more angered and spaced.

·
Scary Super Mod
7,371 Posts
few ideas for you on the roof you could drop the roof liner and try pushing from the inside to pop the out the put some sounddeadner to tuffin it up. bumper you could try the junk yard and for the color issue you could get the car wraped in vinyl in matte black or a differant color.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Back in those days Hyundai paint was regarded as fairly poor, so you aren't the only one with the problems, if that makes you feel better.

I've got to the point on mine that I just don't care about how bad it looks, but I still know how you feel. As far as kids and dirt, sounds like you'll have to deal with it for a while.

I like his idea of trying to press out the roof from the inside.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Hoonigan
96 Posts
Hide under the car with an air horn. When a kid comes within a couple feet of your car scare the hell out of him. Do it enough and eventually kids will stop coming near it. lol, just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts