Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone knows the source of the tach signal, I would be your best friend. That way I can trace from source and origin, so hopefully I can find the problem faster.

I know the tach signal wire is in the harness is in the 14 pin connector - M092, pin 9, but what does that lead to? I need to find out where this wire is giving me problems and would like to be able to trace it both ways.

Here is the problem I wrote about a while ago:

When it gets cool outside (about 55 degrees (F) or below) when I start my car in the morning the tach does not work. It sits at zero until I've drove the car for a while. It seems that about the same time the temp gauge hits normal operating range, the tach kicks in. It's pissing me off. [I can't take it in for warrenty because I have taken apart the cluster a few times for different gauge face installations, and I have spliced an accessory into the ETACS - however, I had this problem since before I did the ETACS splicing, so I do not believe that is the problem]

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Actually, this is the one I need, since I have a GLS, but what is the [E/TCHO] that is listed as connecting to the Tach pin?

Nevermind, I think I found it. It comes from Pin 19 of ETACS Aonnector A. I found that on Soutpaws DIY help for etacs splicing on EGT. Webtech has that pin listed as AlternatorL, which I assume is alternator Level, which would provide a signal for the TACH.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts