Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before mounting pictures below, will put it on later today hopefully. It's really good, the paint is smooth and matches great. The only thing I'm sad about is having to drill 5 holes in my car :(

(Oh yea, cat sold seperately - he was more excited than I was)

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
Looks good. You should have seen my cat, when the KORE exhaust for the old Tib got to my apartment. She was trying to climb into the muffler, and was going to succed until I hid it in my closet
:abovelol:

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
2BIT said:
Wasnt there already a DIY on this? I know I saw one.
SWortham did one for the OEM one, but that comes with a template and probably different hardware.

Elantra2.001 said:
Super, i hope you arent going to do this by your self... i mean, that means power tools. LOL. Just Kidding. I like that spoiler, it doesnt look like a damn shopping car handle.
Ha, such a funny guy. Why do you think it's been in my laundry room for 8 months now? Hahaha.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't worry super, I've got your step by step instructions covered. I just need to do it now... that stupid gas strut took up all my time yesterday. It's not that hard, I mean come on we're only putting 5 holes in a perfectly good piece of metal.

8 months and no install!!! you should be ashamed!

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I got this all put on and wired up 2 days ago. It looks great, totally transformed the car. I can't believe I waited a year-and-a-half to finally get a spoiler. I'm waiting for the everyday rain cycle to end so I can clean up the car and take pics (Birds 'aim' for my car, I swear). I took pics during the 1st half of the install (the 2nd half was pretty basic, turn screw, etc.) I'll be writing up a DIY when I get a chance, I've got a really busy weekend, so it might not be until early next week. I'll give you guys one hint though, DON'T DROP THE SCREWS INTO THE TRUNK LID! I had that happen twice, once on accident, once on stupidity. So then I had to take the trunk lid completely off and shake it to get the screw back - twice, that sucked. It was well worth it though. Stay tuned for pictures in the next few days.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got mine from spoiler depot also. Very nice quality. And no kidding about dropping the screws in the trunk. I did it like three times. Try to use a magnetic driver or bit. And just make sure to line up the spoiler correctly before marking the drilling points.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts