Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the bar rating is on the stock map sensor? How many psi of boost can be added and the sensor still work accuratly?

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
yes.

the ecu will only add fuel based on a stock fuel map.

if you change the sensor to a 2 bar ... the ecu will still only add the same stock amount of fuel that is programmed into the fuel map.

so, if you want to add the proper fuel under boost conditions, you will need to reprogram the ecu. OR you could rig an aftermarket fuel control system into it... such as the apexi SAFC ...

the map voltage clamp will allow the stock sensor to support an unlimited amount of boost BUT it doesnt mean that the ecu will keep adding fuel once the clamp hits maximum voltage.

ei... lets say you set the clamp at 4.7v max.. so you hit boost, voltage goes 4.5...4.6...4.7.. then just as it hits 4.8 the clamp will interrupt the signal and send the ecu a 4.7volt signal... and if the boost keeps going up.. 4.9 --5v...5.2... (it will eventually stop at the map sensors limit.. ) the map clamp will continue to send only 4.7 volts to the ecm... therefore, it wont add more fuel no matter how much more boost you add....

that is where a 2 bar sensor comes in... you can hook that to a fuel controller or an aftermarket ecu and it can be programmed to add more fuel as boost rises... of course... you'll need bigger injectors than stock for this to work.

;)

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I knew that the stock ecu won't take care of the fuel, I'm just trying to find out the psi limit on the map sensor. I haven't decieded how I want to manage the engine yet but I have about a year to figure that out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts