Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay so its kinda been a piss off trying to get the stock speakers out or some direction for my 2009 SE, but once i did get behind the door panel I noticed that the speakers were riveted in place and I googled how to remove riveted speakers and I came across this toyota forum which there doors are apparently 100% like our doors well at least the 2009 Elantra Se.

So I thought I would share the link as its pretty good and a step by step approach.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2683652

Hope it helps the next me

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you have after market speakers make sure you don't just use the thin mounting harness. you need to mount the speaker at least 3/4in away from the metal on the door other wise when you roll down ur window it will wreck either ur speakers or window or both lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
np.
And dont be worried about drilling out the rivets if you never done so. It was really easy. Only took around 1.5hrs to do both doors nicely lol

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
looks good. and i love the x-over install.
i installed mine onto my door panels becasue i didnt want to drill into the door. next time i open it up im pretty sure ill just drill in though

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 04:05 PM ----------

1" is pretty awesome and adds a good bit of depth.
So did you buy the little threaded taps like in the guide or just screw into the holes you drilled?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
crossover cable is what helps the speakers break the signal into the respected frequency like high-mid-low ect. the speaker crossover is what is in charge of separating the signals

·
2003 Elantra Owner
3,782 Posts
Crossover cable is what is used to allow two networking devices on the same layer the ability to talk to each other if they don't support auto negotiation.

In audio it's just called a crossover. Crossovers are designed to be used with frequency specific speakers. Subs/mids/tweeters. Not going to benefit by using it on a full-range speaker.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i am new to the hyundai thing and dont wanna screw things up, I did all the sound system work with both of my dodges and dont want this getting screwed up besuase i will have it for prob 4 more years. Do you need to go through the step of making the new outer ring or can i just take the stock speaker out and put in my aftermarket sony ones? is it a 6.5 inch speaker size? i have a 2010 elantra se so i guess its a HD?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts