Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi XD yodas. I have a question with regards to the front suspension/ground clearance issue I have with my elantra. I am not sure if I am the only one with this issue but I had to ask anyways since it has been bugging me for some time. I still have a stock 01 Elantra GLS and have always found it annoying that everytime I drive out from my garage the front of my car hits the driveway. It also happens when I park at public spaces, especially those with the bumps so that you don´t go pass your parking spot. The front lower end (where there are two metal harnesses (Driver/passenger side)) scrape all the time. I got brand new tires (195/60R15) and I still get the same issue. Is it time to change the struts and springs or it is normal for Elantras to be so low at the front? Thanks for the help provided.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
They all scrape curbs. Stop pulling so far forward.

·
Acountabilibuddy
4,862 Posts
Buy a truck.

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
be nice you two... damn, and people say tha... know what, eff it.

what they are trying to say is that perhaps you are going too fast for the driveway and that for parking spots you may be pulling in too quickly and end up scrapping

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up. It always happens in the morning when I have to go to work, and I am always late :laugh: I guess that might be the problem with both the driveway and my parking spot at work :laugh:

·
Podcast dude person guy.
359 Posts
wake up earlier :D Or go to bed earlier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts