Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who does these stupid, senseless things?

Man Sets Woman and Three Children on Fire

BONNEY LAKE, Wash. - A man doused his estranged girlfriend and three small children with gasoline while holding them at gunpoint in a car early Wednesday, set them on fire and crashed the vehicle, killing the youngsters and dying soon afterward.

The 19-year-old woman, who recently filed an assault complaint against him, was in critical condition at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle following the crash at an intersection near this town east of Tacoma, Pierce County sheriff's Detective Ed Troyer said.

The man pulled the gun after he and the others got into the car, then doused them with gasoline and flicked a lighter to set them on fire as he drove, Troyer said.

Around 1 a.m., a resident reported hearing a crash and seeing two adults completely on fire as they stumbled across the road.

Firefighters found the bodies of the children in the back of the overturned car, which was severely burned. The 6-month-old boy, 1 1/2-year-old boy and 2 1/2-year-old girl were the children of either the man, the woman or both, Troyer said.

Troyer said the woman, who lives in Puyallup, filed an assault complaint in recent days, and a deputy was assigned to the case, but the woman failed to follow through.

"They were in the process of getting back together or breaking up, off and on," he said. The woman's relatives indicated there had been "some unreported domestic violence" before she made the complaint, Troyer said.

The 24-year-old man was pronounced dead on arrival at Harborview. At the scene, he was incoherent but the woman managed to speak briefly, authorities said.

"Fortunately, she was able to give us preliminary information," Troyer said.

It was not immediately known where the car had been before the crash, he said.

Just sick.

·
Registered
851 Posts
What the hell goes on in some people's heads? Actually wait, I don't want to know. Those poor children and the woman, if she survives. Of course, the other sad part is, she'll unintentionally find herself with another abusive psycho.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
give him the chair......hes a piece of shit. Anyone that mistreats a lady. Says nasty shit to them, bullies them grabs them. I hate that!! REAL men take car of women no matter what. If you disagree with them thats fine but your not tough bullying around girls and yelling and being a dick! (Sorry this is a soft spot for me)

·
Registered
732 Posts
I agree Watson, My roomate and his girl are always yelling and stuff. I just don't understand, If you Don't get along, you don't belong togeather. The longest disagreement that I have had with my girl lasted for about 5 min, and then everything was fine again. That why I'm gonna marry her.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
"The longest disagreement that I have had with my girl lasted for about 5 min, and then everything was fine again. That why I'm gonna marry her"

All together now, AWwwww ;) just kidding with ya

That whole episode is just weird, aren't they all dead though?

·
Registered
16 Posts
This happened about an hour from where I live. Guess I'm not suprised everone in the area has been talking about it lately. Guy was a retard...

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
This kind of stuff always makes me sick to my stomach. I just don't understand how some people do what they do. I mean, if you had a beef with the girl, kick the kids out and drive around talking like civilized adults. Children never need to be present when two adults are having an argument. Especially when the adults are their parents. I have seen what happens to the kids when their parents are always arguing, and it's never pretty. This kind of thing is something that I can rant about for days on end.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
Im with jameswing on this. My girl and I have been together for almost a year now and not 1 fight yet. Any small disagreement has been resolved inabout 5 min and its good as gold in my relationship.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
It should be like that exactly....so what makes people think that blowing a gasket and setting your girl on fire is gonna solve anything. Or yelling or being an asshole! Doesnt anybody teach their sons how they should treat girls anymore? When I have a son if he disrespects any girls he is in for an ass beating.

·
Registered
732 Posts
There was a obserd case here in fresno last year where this lady got one of her ex-employees to help her kidnap her astrangerd husband. Then they put him in a 55gallon drum with a bunch of acid. The cops found it a few days later in a self storage place.

The kicker is that the guy that helped her had been a roomate of mine. I heard for people that knew the cops that his confession was the eaiset & fastest one they ever heard of.

They've both spent the last year in jail, and probably wont ever get out.

The f***ed up things people do.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
I got two kids myself, my wife and I fight every so often...I have a terrible temper, but never...never...NEVER would I ever consider hurting them. My kids keep my temper grounded. I agree with everyone else on this topic, that is sick.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I love how watson wants to bring the guy back from the dead to electricute him..

classic. you should live in texas :)

That guy deserved to die, I hope it was slow and immensely painful

shawn :)

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
I knew the guy, he was in juvenile detention several times, which is where I teach at. The girl did die 8 hours later and also was jailed last month.

They should lock up all DV participants and make sure they stay separated.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
You know... Ron White put it best when he said: "Most states are trying to do away with the death penalty, mine's putting in an express lane!" He was refering to the fact that Texas is trying to shorten the time inmates will spend on death row. I agree with this somewhat. If they have had their apeals, and retrials, and are sitll found guilty beond a reasonable doubt, they shouldn't spend 10-25 years of their life sitting around on our dollar. If they are sentenced to death because their crimes were haneous, then that's what should happen. I'm still a believer of "an eye for an eye".

·
Registered
542 Posts
Been in law enforcement a long time. I never understand what makes people do the dumbshit they do. John Wayne Gacy, Dahmer, this guy either. It just makes you sick when you see it.
A good friend of mine works Homicide with Las Vegas Metro, he and I were talking and he said he would never forget his first case 15 years ago. It started as a hostage situation where a 28 year old guy was holding a 10 month old baby hostage armed with a .357 magnum. After negotiators talked to the guy for a long time, they heard a shot, followed by another shot. They broke down the door of the apartment and found both dead. Got any idea what a .357 magnum does to the head of a 10 month old? He said there wasnt hardly anything left of it. Since then he has seen people shot, stabbed, burnt, hung, poisioned, you name it. He said it doesn't bother him anymore, but he will never forget his first homicide case as a detective.
Mans inhumanity to man.......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts