Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats it! I have had it! The wifes Galant threw the AC belt off the pulley when she was at work last night. So I had to get the baby into the car, drive forty minutes in rush hour to go get her. Later had to go back again and cut the belt off the pulley it was tangled around to get the car home. This morning my mechanic gives me the good news: AC compressor seized and needs replaced ASAP cause my wife picks up the baby in that car every afternoon. So now I'm driving this slow, ratty, smelly, old DSM while my wife drives my XD ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! I am so going out this weekend and buying a used Sonata!

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Good choice on replacement. Sorry to hear your misfortunes, but it is a Mitsu... they haven't exactly been the symbol of worry-free driving. I understand your frustration though, I replaced my Fiance's Grand Am with an 04 Santa Fe after its alternator died.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
hyunelan2 said:
Good choice on replacement. Sorry to hear your misfortunes, but it is a Mitsu... they haven't exactly been the symbol of worry-free driving. I understand your frustration though, I replaced my Fiance's Grand Am with an 04 Santa Fe after its alternator died.

whoa.. a gm altenator dieing.. ur joking right ;) My freind got changing his grand ams altenator down to like 15 min.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The official update if anyone cares: Bought a 2004 Subaru Forester 2.5x on friday. Silver with grey cloth interior 5speed. Wife and daughter very happy. Got it tinted 20% on Monday afternoon, now I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. That's a nice vehicle. Will you ever get to drive it? Prob., just about as often as I drive my Santa Fe - once a week, if that. It doesn't even feel like I own that vehicle. Anyway... congrats on the new car! Even if it's not a Hyundai.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, once a week if I'm lucky. That ok though, I still like my XD better. I sat in the Legacy 2.5xt GT while she was filling out the paperwork.....Big mistake, when the XD is old and grey I'm getting one of those!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Diamond Star Motors aka Mitsubishi

·
Resident Rompa Nalgas
129 Posts
I thought DSM was the joint venture between Mitsu and Chrysler which developed the 4g63 and eclipse/talon/laser brotherhood. Am i wrong?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yup, tniv1 is right. and slvrsleeper is partially right.
Diamond = Mitsubishi
Star = Chrysler

1 - 12 of 12 Posts