Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys whats everyones thoughts on the using the alpine supercharger with evofusion header and evofusion catback?

im hoping that the 2.5" catback will be efficient.

btw, Alpine is done with all the stuff for the xd tc and sc kits..the unichip is all programmed and ready. the kits include EVERYTHING needed. they will utilize a 5th injector.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Where did you hear they had finished the SC kit last I heard it was going to be some time in Aug. If its sooner then that they I'm all over it lol .

·
Registered
422 Posts
I see well then they need to get there butts in gear and start posting about it on there sites I wanna see it . :cool:

·
Registered
130 Posts
well, that would be great if the evo fusion cat back was 2.5' .....buts its not, its just under 2.25, or so i was told by Team-SR

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FordFasteRR said:
hm.. the supercharger kit uses the 5th injector setup?

so it sprays fuel into the TB then it gets squished by the supercharger blades before it enters the cylinders?

If that is the setup ... then....

thats really stupid.

yeah i think i was reading the thing wrong, that might be the turbo charger kit only

my other question was can i use the evo fusion headers with the sc?

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
as I understand it, the supercharger is worth 20whp. and certainly not worth $2900

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i thought it was like 50-70

im considering nos instead now...but id rather have something like tc or sc...

i just dont want to have to change EVERYTHING to accomodate a tc

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Usually you can set superchargers to whatever power level you want. If you replace the wheel that connects to the belts with a bigger one, less power because it spins slower, if you put a tiny wheel on it, its gonna spin fast, thus more power, just depends on if your car can handle it and if you can keep it cooled or not.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i don't know, my feelings on SC's are blah anyways...the only 4 cyl SC car i ever really liked was my 91 VW Corrado G60. theres just soo much more potential in a TC setup on 4 bangers.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
According to the alpine site, The tib they tested went from 118HP to 213HP, and from 142lbs-ft to 183. That looks like a little more than 20 horses! Even a 70HP gain would be worth that much money. I know you can do nitrous for around $600, but this power is always there, no need to refill a bottle.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Something's not right with those numbers - the torque and hp gains are way out of proportion which leads me to believe that the HP number is inflated. What's the site's address? Do they have any dyno graphs?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
i believe its alpine-developments.com

SC are not really efficient on 4 cyl cars, yes you can make adjusments to it, but it will never be able to support as much power as TC, on the other hand if you want constant power throughout the whole powerband, SC is the way to go...

·
Registered
499 Posts
BobMs_wht2k2 said:
According to the alpine site, The tib they tested went from 118HP to 213HP, and from 142lbs-ft to 183. That looks like a little more than 20 horses! Even a 70HP gain would be worth that much money. I know you can do nitrous for around $600, but this power is always there, no need to refill a bottle.
Hold on. Something is not right. Is that for Tibby V6? Then HP # is ridiculously low. But if it is I4, then torque # for stock is too high.
:conf:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts