Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
BACON IS MEAT CANDY
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your very thought out advice to search but I actually meant the brand of charger not where to find one I've done that, Sorry if the way I worded it confused you

·
Avante2nr
1,258 Posts
Thanks for your very thought out advice to search but I actually meant the brand of charger not where to find one I've done that, Sorry if the way I worded it confused you
yeah i think the one in the link you provided is the newest NGM supercharger kit. And i was gonna say you dont sound like a newbie yea it confused me sry

·
BACON IS MEAT CANDY
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After reading what I posted I guess it does sound like I've never been able to find what I'm looking for but yea I seen this NGM thought it might be a better route to go just looking for some imput/experences with it compared to another..

·
Where's My Boomstick?
5,486 Posts
well, there's not another, so yea...

and im not sure anyone has even done this one yet.

btw - elantras+boost = asking for trouble, so just be warned. ask me how i know.

·
7 psi tunned by poweraxel
3,203 Posts
the ngm supercharger its just too new so not many people have it yet, there have been many beta engines boosted, mostly turbos and have been reliable, but any boosted engine will require more maintenance than normal.

here are some sites you should check out since your new to the aftermarket.
the jattus turbo kit is very good too, check it out. http://www.elantraxd.com/wiki/index.php/Aftermarket_Parts_Suppliers

·
BACON IS MEAT CANDY
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I'm not new to aftermarket just is been american muscle up tell three and ahalf years ago. I happen to come across this and thought
i might it might be helpful sence I've done alot of searching I always liked Super over turbo, but aguess everyone know sry I can't help anyone Thanks for nothing I guess.... SRY

·
Here to irritate Munky
2,584 Posts
Yozik has one but I don't think he's totally up and running yet. The only fully operational one I know of is the one they used to do all the dynos. Everybody elses is in shipment or partially installed.

·
BACON IS MEAT CANDY
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you 03gt.finally the answer I was looking for after the several smarta## fun, but no really thanks everybody for alittle help, I've had a little cash set back but no decision, Well still not shur but atleast I know there are some out there to watch for and there results with the installation, PLEASE let me in on new info if you can or care too...

·
Registered
785 Posts
well, there's not another, so yea...

and im not sure anyone has even done this one yet.

btw - elantras+boost = asking for trouble, so just be warned. ask me how i know.
Well, you can honestly say that for any car that isnt normally boosted.

But i know what you mean, even if you spend tons of money to get it done almost perfect, anything could happen and cause trouble.

·
Where's My Boomstick?
5,486 Posts
well, the biggest problem has been F/I kits avaliable in the past have been poorly designed and notoriously unreliable. Part of it stems from cheap parts marketed towards cheap owners, some of it is the difficulty to tune against our ECU's (some what alleviated recently since the AEM F/IC)

The NGM kit is the best there's ever been, and likely ever will be, but its still having problems. Not to mention the price point is so high, that no one can afford it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have been up and running for a few months with over 5k miles on the car. I took it to the dyno a few weeks ago but on the way a couple hangers broke on my exhaust system. I am getting them fix this friday and then will head to the dyno again for a real run.

PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a Beta II in an 05 Tib that just turned over 78,000 miles, about 60,000 of them with the Alpine MP45 SC kit. I get 10 to 11 lbs of boost, depends on the air temp.

AEM FIC for tuning with Neon SRT injectors and it still runs strong.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Thank you 03gt.finally the answer I was looking for after the several smarta## fun, but no really thanks everybody for alittle help, I've had a little cash set back but no decision, Well still not shur but atleast I know there are some out there to watch for and there results with the installation, PLEASE let me in on new info if you can or care too...
Is English your second language? I ask only because your sentences, if one could call them that, continually run on, and run on, and run on, oh, and run on some more. It is very difficult to know what the hell you are asking about.

The kit you see on NGM's website is brand-spanking new, and as some have already mentioned, very few have the kit.

·
BACON IS MEAT CANDY
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sry for the confusion, I'm new to the installing of super/turbochargers I'm use to naturally aspirated, I've had turbos and superchargers before but was already was installed when I purchase the cars, I have worked on them but never looked in to buying new ones, I've heard of NGM but never had any experience with them. I was (in a bad way I guess) asking for info on an installed NGK supercharger, I'm sry for not clearing that up didn't mean to sound dumb I just thought I cauld get some advice for the people I share an interest with. Thanks to the links there are some I havn't came across and have helpedme out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts