Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new here, i dont have an elantra XD but i do have a elantra Gls i am planning on swapping my engine in my 2005 elantra 2.0 manual tranny with a tiburon 2.7 V6 engine with 6 speed manual tranny. i seen it done in an 04 elantra on youtube and just found a site that sells transmissions and full engines, the site is called: http://www.engineandtransmissionworld.com what do you guys think? i just want my car to faster then the average elantra, my friend laughs at me because he has a nissan 350Z his car is faster than all of my other friends cars including my own. but should i go for it? my car is almost reaching 100,000 miles i know for a 2005 i drove it alot but it has a salvage tittle the cars looks great i also got it in 2005 same year it came out, through out time my car lost a lot of power and just thought it be better if i swap it with a V6. any comments or ideas? thanks for your help btw i plan to do this swap at the end of this 2010 year.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
huh? you have a 2005 elantra? that's and XD2... XD is just the code for 2001-2006 elantras, more specifically XD is 2001-2003, XD2 is 2004-2006. There's a guy in germany doing a swap who has a thread here I think, but he's stopped right now cuz he's low on cash. here: http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?28900-Elantra-2.7-V6-I-ve-started!!!

People in Korea have done successful swaps, but I don't think anyone in north america have gone through the trouble to get a heavier engine with not that much more power. Hope you have a lot of cash and time.

I was going to say get a turbo or supercharger, but you're in California so you legally can't. IMO just stick with the reliability of the Beta2 engine. If you want a faster car, sell this one and buy a faster car.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
your friend is correct to laugh at you. you'll never do it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
huh? you have a 2005 elantra? that's and XD2... XD is just the code for 2001-2006 elantras, more specifically XD is 2001-2003, XD2 is 2004-2006. There's a guy in germany doing a swap who has a thread here I think, but he's stopped right now cuz he's low on cash. here: http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?28900-Elantra-2.7-V6-I-ve-started!!!

People in Korea have done successful swaps, but I don't think anyone in north america have gone through the trouble to get a heavier engine with not that much more power. Hope you have a lot of cash and time.

I was going to say get a turbo or supercharger, but you're in California so you legally can't. IMO just stick with the reliability of the Beta2 engine. If you want a faster car, sell this one and buy a faster car.
yeah thats what i was thinking, the only reason i was considering that was because the RPM keeps slipping, the car accelerates but it doesnt move any faster can it be my transmission? i have not changed the clutch since i got the car i never had a problem with it till 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
lol yeah i know, hyundai's are not fast good thing i have it stock i wouldnt want to be called a ricer cause im not like my car looking stock, i would buy another car that really has performance. but now n days almost every car is considered a rice, i still have not figured out what makes your car a rice? and your right i wont do the swap to my car. i was thinking about it but based on the information i got from mtlelantra its not recomended. but thanks for your imput though your comment was no helpfull.

sounds like a good idea, my question to you is what is a fast car to you? i personally dont want a sports car and i was lloking at the 2010 hyundai genesis V8 sedan, i do have kids under 5 years of age and im more looking forward to a family car or large sedan is that a good car? i seen it at a hyundai dealer but didnt wanna step into it so i wont have a sales man breathing on me lol!

·
"Black on Black" XD
13 Posts
what makes a car rice hmm lets see....... Vinyls, snake eye wiper fluid lights, euro tails, shiny plastic non functional add ons, exaust tip only, I could keep going but i won't...... we have all had ricer mistakes in the past!

·
Registered
476 Posts
yeah thats what i was thinking, the only reason i was considering that was because the RPM keeps slipping, the car accelerates but it doesnt move any faster can it be my transmission? i have not changed the clutch since i got the car i never had a problem with it till 3 weeks ago.
Definitely the clutch slipping! How many miles are on the clutch?
And regarding the V6-swap: I'm the one doing it but it is much work and money to spend on!

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
IMO cool idea, but unless you have a wrecked tib (from the rear! which almost never happens) its not worth it.

you need way more than just a swapped motor and tranny.

1.wiring harhness with ecu
2.v6 axles
3.v6 hubs (with a five lug sway) new rims to go with the 5 lug swap.
4. bearings to go into knuckles
5. upgraded brakes
6. new springs and struts to handle the extra weight.

the list goes on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts