Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use this brand of headlights? I have seen them at Wal-mart and was thinking if they are as good as they claim. I would like that nice , bright, blue look of the luxury cars. Also I would like to brighten up my fog lights. The '04s have the "bullet lights," which I like better than the previous years. I know the Hyundai bulbs last a couple of years but I don't like the yellow light, any opinions. I don't have the money for an HID conversion...lol So I would like the next best thing.

Thanks.

·
Poster God
531 Posts
well i have some friends try them and there not that great they dont come out blue at all, they are actually white, i think some of the guys have one here that look cloes to a HID that u could get from ebay i got the ones from streetglow called optx i got them from Best Buy for like 21 bucks for both

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
I have used Silverstar H7's and H3's, along with the SilverStar turn signals. If you want the HID look, then these are not the bulbs for you. The color is more close to white than blue, but to be honest with you you'd have a tough time telling these apart from the OEM Sylvania bulbs our cars come with.

Plus, for me my bulbs always blow out every 2 months, so I've learned to just stick with the OEMs as the Silverstars are quite expensive at $25 each.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Oh god no! Don't do it! I went through one a month, and at 35 bucks a pop. it is NOT worth it. They also went out at the shittiest times. >_< I wrote sylvania and they said I must have installed them wrong. ... Screw you sylvania! That must be why the stock BMW bulbs I installed haven't blown in three months, eh? Or why the bulbs I used before your shitty silverstars lasted me forever! Until I replaced them with yours! >_< I even wrote that I had used rubber gloves. Don't get them. Not worth it. They don't even look good.

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
southpawboston said:
plus the OEMS are a warranty item. the dealer will swap out blown ones for free. i've already had 4 of them done!
Wow, my dealer only tells me that I can get my car checked out to see if there's a problem but there's a $90 diagnostic fee. I feel they should be covered under warranty also because bulbs should not be blowing out every 2 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts