SuperGLS· Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've finally actually started my whole tail light project. After the oven technique didn't work when I tried a month or so ago, I figured I'd go with the "Hit the light with a hammer" technique and it worked pretty well. The only problem is that there are parts of the lense stuck around the side of the assembly that are just too hard to get out with a hammer and screwdriver. I talked with TBurton and he suggested that I use a Dremel to clean it up some, the only problem is that I don't have a Dremel and I won't be able to buy one til July probably (being poor is eww). I'll also need to use the Dremel to make the cover smaller because they are designed to set on top of the current lense and not actually a replacement. So, anyway, here are some pics of the one light opened up and with the cover lying over top of it.