Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2004 Hyundai Elantra GT sedan, I want to take out the kenwood cd player so I can access the back of it (where the rear-left, rear-right, front-left, front-right, etc. is at) The problem is I took off the faceplate and I couldn't figure out how to pull the unit out of the dashboard to access these things. If anyone could tell me how to get this out I would be greatly appreatiative! Also if you have information on accessing the rear speakers (subs I guess) that would also be helpful!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
you need to remove the dash fascia that surrounds the HVAC/radio/vents/gauge cluster. it's easy. two screws behind the ash tray and two in front of the gauge cluster. then pull it off (there are also clips, which can hold it pretty tight, just keep gently tugging). then there will be six screws holding the radio and storage bin frame in place. then just pull out. the stereo is mounted to the same plastic frame that includes the storage bin.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
thanks south i was tryin to install subs this weekend and we couldnt figure out how to do that and really didnt wanna messanything up

·
Registered
732 Posts
I got a dumb question. How do you take the ash tray out? I've tried a couple of times but can't get it out.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
When you open it up, there is a little lever piece at the top on the left hand side. Just gently push it down, and then pull the whole thing out. Don't force it though because it is easy to bend. Make sure that when you put it back in, it goes in straight. I bent the hell out of mine the first time, and it took me a while to get it back out. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts