Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually i am installing them and having a connection of the speed shop do the alingment and set up the camber...if i remember correctly i want 1 degree in the front and 1.2 in the rear.....

i got the fronts put in before i had to come to work....they are solid!!nice and stiff but comfortable!!...i cant wait to have the rears in! :diablo: :nosthumbs i will have pics of the rear install and of the car tomorrow! hopefully all goes well....i will keep everybody informed!....oh...the fronts only took me an hour to install w/o air tools(they are not recommended anyway).

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am getting to ready to buy a set of Teins and I am shopping around for the best price, if you don't mind where did you get them and how much?

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got them from my local rice shop....go the autobot...he can g et them cheaper...i think like 1550

some more pics
these are the pretty metal links they give you!! how pretty!

here are the rears side by side....sorry the fronts were already done before i had access to the camera

·
Registered
687 Posts
very nice I wish I had them :D

·
Registered
687 Posts
Tricked said:
I really have to get some. I think my "Quest" for suspension will end with "Tein". :)
A good choice my Friend 240 has them their the sh#*! :bowdown:

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have them set on the softest level for the damper and you can tell that the springs are stiff but the quality of ride is probably that of a 350z...it almost handles like one too j/k....couple more things to do first...like an alingment! :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Unfortunately those prety metal links are just for the Tibs and not Elantras. LOL

Well, Yeah you should be able to get them through our store for $1550 which is $100 less then what everyone sells them for. You will have to call our customer service when you are ordering them to confirm price as it could change.

I used to have the Quest/Mookeeh units. They were ok but the Teins are well worth the extra money.

only1db, let me know how your allignment goes. The shop that had mine did a crappy job. It drives straight, but the the specs are not right and the camber settings on the plates are different. I didn't have time to screw with them anymore and will get it taken care of later. Also, set your dampers 6 clicks stiffer from the the softest setting. It realy isn't that harsh and you will like the handling. Keep in mind these are made for a car 400lbs heavier. Also, if you don't get the EDFC, do my little cuts in the plastic to access the damper controls that I posted on Hp. I know you saw them and it is well worth it. You will be glad when you have a car load of fat chicks. ;) Seriously, Even if you just have 1 or two average size people in the back, you will be glad. Also, even if you plan on getting the EDFC a few months down the road, I would still cut them since you won't even notice the cuts when the bolsters are up but keep in mind you can't use the EDFC up front without spacing the hood.

For those thinking about getting these, quit thinking and just get them. You will not be disapointed.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
bet....i will do that! ....6 clicks above the softest....oh...wait...when they come to you they are on the stiffest setting right??? clockwise is stiff and counter clockwise is soft....hum....time to go play around with it....thanks for the heads up on that and i did infact see your cut outs...they are nice and will more then likely have to be done..

just went outside and checked...i had it on the stiffest setting....i turned the fronts down to 4 clicks from the stiffest setting, and the rears are at 2 clicks from the stiffest setting....took it out ....the front doesnt push anymore....but i will have to make the cuts like you suggested autobot thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts