·
Registered
851 Posts
Bastard. I'm coveting already.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the next week are going to kill with anticipation...there are a lot of roads that i want to tackle when i get these bad boys! of course strut braces and a rear sway bar are next.... :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Please take many pictures and post a DYI here when you get that springs installed.....

I want to see how Tiburon(GK) springs work on Elantra.

I have a set of Espelir springs for GK and also have a set of stock GK GT struts......

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
What he has are complete coilovers which reall don't compare to spring and strut combos unfortunatly

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm anticapating a very easy install...because i wont have to compress any springs! dont worry i will try to post pics....even if i have to steal my pops digi camera! *LOL*

unfortunetly my order has been pushed back a couple of days because of customs!! what a PITA!

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
For those of you who purchased Tein Coilovers, how much did you guys pay and what parts do you need? RRM checked the price on the Tib coilovers and they quoted me real quick $1600 plus labor.

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
only1db said:
yeah thats right...the install is crazy easy because youdont have to compress the springs!! you could do it your self!!!!
Were any modifications to the Tein kit needed? I will be going from the stock elantra suspension to the tein. I believe the GK tein coilovers come with something called pillow ball mounts? I'm not sure exactly what is needed.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the only thing that needs to be done is switch the front left and right struts..just so the brake lines bolt up...other then that....the whole thing is together and you only have to unbolt everything....take out the whole spring strut combo...and then replace it with the new ones.....then go up top and tighten down the top bolt....and thats about it! peice of cake! :thumbsup: my digital is in the mail...when it get to my house i will do a DIY :D but in the mean time keep the questions coming....they are the best!! if you get the EFDC you will need hood spacers....i love the way they sound when they go over larger bumbs...you can hear then absorbing...maybe i'm crazy but i like it!

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
I noticed on the other thread where Sammy is buying his coilovers the guy said he's going to need the Tib strut mounts or some washers. Was that needed for the Tein coilovers?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yes, Yes, DIY please. I was wondering if I can install coilover by myself. I have H&R springs right now. Does it matter? Do I need to compress when I take out the struts with aftermarcket springs? I don't even know where rear bolts are on... I need you guys help when I do this, or I will just take it to the shop...

·
Registered
378 Posts
BlackElantraGT said:
I noticed on the other thread where Sammy is buying his coilovers the guy said he's going to need the Tib strut mounts or some washers. Was that needed for the Tein coilovers?
No, not on the Tiens you don't since they come with pillow ball mounts.

sammy21c said:
Yes, Yes, DIY please. I was wondering if I can install coilover by myself. I have H&R springs right now. Does it matter? Do I need to compress when I take out the struts with aftermarcket springs? I don't even know where rear bolts are on... I need you guys help when I do this, or I will just take it to the shop...
Install is simple

After the car is jacked up and the wheel is off, remove any lines from the the stock suspension (just pay attention how you pull the clip off the brake line). Remove the 2 nuts from the bottom bolt then remove the 3 nuts from top. After the nuts are removed, you can slide the two bolts out from the bottom and the stock suspension will slide right out. Then just put the new suspension in in reverse steps.

You will not need a spring compressor since you are not removing the strut mount.

·
Registered
416 Posts
what is the clip? I never done any suspension things before... Help me guys. So, I don't need spring compressor? Take out the H&R spring and struts out, put Quest coilover with new Tib sturts?

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sammy...if you are getting full quest coilovers....then you dont need tib struts...its all one unit

the clip is the brake clip...ah...fudge it...let me go take some pics!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts