Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Re: Testing thread prefixes

What's it do? Add HD or XD? User chosen?

Edit: I just looked in the new thread options! Very cool!!

I like the idea!

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts

i think its a good idea
helpfull indeed

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Now, people just need to start using them. Especially in the Performance and Style Category (Appearance, Interior, N/A, F/I, Audio/Video, etc).

I might decide to assign my trusty mods to go back in each section and modify the previous 100 or so posts.

Also, right now I have them as [XD] or [HD]. But, I can change the look of them if people have better ideas.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
327 Posts

I think the simpler the better so they won't clutter or confuse the thread title.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts

i think it sucks

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts

I think messing with the site causes problems, and that ONLY if the thread deals with something specific to a car model should it be tagged. Digg? WTF? When have we ever had a thread worth Digging?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

i think it sucks
I think you suck. Wait, I know you suck.

Qyn, I didn't mess with the site and cause the problems, the problems happened by themselves, and I upgraded vBulletin to help solve the problems. I have learned now that we have to keep the latest version of vBulletin installed or the friendly hackers may come back.

As far as Digg, Delicious, etc... I have never used social bookmarking sites before but I imagine some people do, and because it's a new feature with vB 3.7 I figured I'd just keep it there. It isn't hurting anything... I don't think.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,501 Posts

I think it's a great idea !!! even has the J2 prefix, I'm a happy man!!! :D

EDIT : wait, vB 3.7 is out!!!

Felix HAVE to update our local forum then!!! :D

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts

As far as Digg, Delicious, etc... I have never used social bookmarking sites before but I imagine some people do, and because it's a new feature with vB 3.7 I figured I'd just keep it there. It isn't hurting anything... I don't think.
i dont get what they do?

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts

Exactly, we are a car forum, not a breaking news site. To be fair, Digg & etc. are not ONLY for news, but I think the social bookmark thing is not really in the best interests of the forum. I like the prefix idea, but am not sure I like the format (IMHO [XD2] looks tacky). Honestly though, I don't have a better idea, so congrats on the updates to our site!

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts

Ugzz, you're telling me that you've never been to Digg.com, or stayed up waaaaay past your bedtime stumbling? (It was so bad i actually had to delete stumbleupon).

·
Registered
327 Posts
Business Week estimated Kevin Rose (the creator of Digg.com) to be worth $35 million dollars. Digg.com is no small fish.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts

Ugzz, you're telling me that you've never been to Digg.com, or stayed up waaaaay past your bedtime stumbling? (It was so bad i actually had to delete stumbleupon).
I don't ... didn't knew what those was until the wiki link was posted ...

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
i used to go to digg all the time back in the day, Actualy i used to just go to Fark, Digg, and Slashdot like all day everyday lol. i just never really knew it was considered social whatchamacall it bookmarky thing.

i just thought those were the sites where you setup your fav links and shared with friends,i guess now that i look at it, it is just like digg, but with small groups and on a smaller scale though. i never really considered the large news sites those. since like, everyone on planet knew about them. i never really considered them because of their large scale i guess..

i used to love g4s tech tv when kevin was on there and i loved the show so much (old cast only) i researched them all and knew he created digg and his reasoning and backstory blah blah.. also that old cohost that he married was frikin hott..

anyway..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts