Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just wanted to say thanks for everyone who showed up to the columbus meet today and made it a HUGE success...

10 XD's and a couple other cars...but 12 cars total...i wish we coulda all got out at one time and got some pics, but i know everyone has different time schedules

gotta say sorry to JeffV1970...hope everything works out, and you can get your truck back!

shadow- sorry we couldnt get those bolts undone...sucks. let me know how the UD pulley install goes...hope you like the intake/exhaust once its done

cornbread- i know you love the struts/springs we got in...i may have to order some......and you werent even pushin it hard in those turns....gotta get you some sticky tires

rshack - that was a good time messin w/ the ricers on the freeway....next time youll have to crank that bottle open and ill get the turbo in and spoolin

hoaf/04gtboy - glad you guys were able to make the drive down and hang out, made it a great meet

2loud - good to see you again...good luck w/ the DVD screen...metal cleaner helped out A LOT on that exhaust

columbusohiogt - next time, remind me to put a clamp on the TB to hold that intake on!...lol...popped the hood and it was sitting there...i was like. OH SHIT!

gman - good to see you again...what happened to those new rims you had in the pics? storage?

projectx - hit me up sometime...theres some good meets every friday/sat over the summer...be nice to see some XDs out there

billy - too bad you got rid of the tib, but have fun w/ the cougar

again, it was a GREAT meet...im gonna upload some pics to cardomain... i may get em posted tonight but im SUPER tired so it may be tomorrow

to everyone who came - THANKS AGAIN...maybe we can do this again sometime this summer when it warms up a little more! (and sneek it in between 2 extremely rainy days again!)

heres a few pics....i didnt get to take too many caus it was a busy day

sorry to everyone who didnt get some stuff done...i know gtboy wanted some sidemarkers and shadow w/ the crank pulley...hell of a busy day...i was glad we got cornbreads struts/springs done before 11

on w/ the few pics i got

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/662571/5

·
Registered
7 Posts
Damn evan, did it F anything up, hope not. thanks again for letting us use your place, talk to ya soon, ive got some shit to order today....lol....think i got the mod bug

·
circuit track whore
3,820 Posts
thanks alot evan for putting this together. i had a lot of fun. nice to see people from the forums getting together. everyone had really nice rides.
i wish i could have stayed longer and helped more people out with some scratches and dents. what ever happened to the fire truck guy? lol
good pics btw. later

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
columbusohiogt- i think it was fine...you just went around the block...i searched my room and got a clamp that fit and got it on there w/ no problems...i just forgot there wasnt a clamp on when you took it for a ride and when i popped the hood before cornbread left, i saw the intake sittin on the tranny like...uh oh

as for the fire truck guy, im not sure...ill give him a call today and see if he is home and has his truck back

as for these #s i got in my phone...

whos #s are all these so i can put em in my phone book for future hyundai meets and even weekly columbus meets...the last #s of the # i have are

1. 5418
2. 2999
3. 8103
4. 0166
5. 4877

if anyone else got some good pics, post em! i know i didnt get many good pics, and i know someone has to have some better ones

·
Registered
7 Posts
evan, mine is not on the list but its 205 1077 - - - how did cornbread's car turn out, did the front look more normal after you got the back done,

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Like 2loud said, I wish I could have stayed longer... It was really nice to get a chance to talk to people in person, joke around, swap stories, etc..... It was pretty impressive to see all those elantras lined up.... pictures of the cars don't do them justice.

Thanks guys for the great time... hope we can do it again sometime...

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, it looked REAL good when we got done...i think the only thing...abnormal...was we measured my bro's stock XD and at the same point on the rear door, cornbread was 2.5" lower...it looks super good though, and from the way he was lookin while driving it, i know he noticed a huge difference

it was funny though...we left my driveway to take it for a spin and we hear a few clanks...im like "its probably the springs settling in the struts"...then he goes down the road about 50 feet and its really loud...im like "oh shit...pull over"...

we forgot to tighten ANY of the lug nuts once we dropped it..the rears i got about 5 full turns out of each nut...got em all tightened down and everything was perfect

columbusohioGT, whats your real name so i can put it in my phone book...i know you told me but it takes me a few times to get someones name into my head

heres the best pic i got of cornbreads car after the drop

Attachments

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
looks good, glad i could make it out this weekend, enjoyed meeting everyone and i wouldnt mind driving out that way again and thanks columbus for letin me sleep at you and your friend's place ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
wow that sucker is LOW, im sure it will be sweet when he gets his rims on.
looks like we dodged the rain today.....not sure who in the hell said it was supposed to be 70 though.
btw, my name is marc

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hey all.
I am alive and well. Got to love the local cops. I get stuck with a rookie that wants to questions everything about the truck. THen I relize I havent go the truck registered yet. So she runs my shit and finds a warrant from a old landlord that my ex-girll stuck me with back rent. So the dumb asses think they can tow my truck all 16 tons of it. I get out at 9pm got to get my truck and find out the f-in tow company wants 225.oo for the tow. But the thing is they didnt tow the truck they drove it. Dumb ass driver grinds the gears the whole way. Told the owner of the impound lot me, him and my attroney will have a chat. Informed him I will charge him 2.00 a mile plus hold him responsible for 60 days if anything happens to the tranny. I get the truck monday then I am going to dump a shit load of water in a certian rookies yard(1,000 gallons)

·
Registered
22 Posts
hay guys sorry i couldnt make it out i was at work untill 9pm sat i thought that the 27 was on a sunday well next time i will call off work

·
Registered
589 Posts
thanks even for letting us use the space... like i had mentioned we should do one out a t my house this summer.. it only like 15 mins from evans a i got a lot more room. although have to drive slow... damn country roads.lol ... oh even mine is the 8103 number .. 614 282 8103 call me well hang. later

·
EVERYONE LOVES HYPNOTOAD!
1,361 Posts
thanks evan, it was great to meet everone, sorry I had to take off so early.

Yes Evan, the rims are tucked away safe and sound in the garage, till show season. Hopefully the next meet I'll have some more rice mods done by then. :gotrice:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hye guys, sorry I couldnt make it. With being sick, no licence, and some other circumstances, I couldnt make it. Once I get the licence back here soon, we will definatly be a terror to all the wanna be's here in C-bus. If anyone wants to play or needs some help on work hit me up! 614-506-1110 ~Holmez

1 - 16 of 16 Posts