Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have tried SO MANY wheel cleaners and most of them SUCKKK,but I came across one wheel cleaner at my local auto part store,its called Mothers wheel mist,its in a yellow spray bottle and it cost around $5.99..Its the shit,when im done useing it on my wheels its like my there are BRAND NEW with not a speck of brake dust on them..Just thought id share this with you all..Cuz when you have hard to clean wheels like mine this wheel cleaner works wonders. :)

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
01SilverBullet said:
it cost around $599..
:eek2: That's a lot of money! JK/lol, I know you meant $5.99. When I got my wheels there was a card with them that said not to use anything but soap and water, because cleaners will hurt the finish. Is this true, or are wheel cleaners safe for wheels? It sucks scrubbing 15-spoke rims individually with soap and water.

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This wheel cleaner I posted about says on the bottle "FOR: CLEAR COAT,FACTORY FINISH,& CUSTOM WHEELS."....Plus when I had my 17 inch Volts I used this stuff and it was fine and did not harm the wheels..And I use it on my 15 inch American Racing wheels and it does not do any harm.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Two words Kleen Wheels. They aren't real pretty but they reduce the amount of dust on the wheels by 85% I love mine and I have stock steelies!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I had some sort of Turtle Wax cleaner for my wheels, it was in a green spray bottle I think, that stuff worked pretty good, but what I find works better are those ones that turn into foam when you spray them onto your wheels and tires. I think it was Eagle One or something to that effect. I haven't been looking for that lately, since I have yet to really pay attention to the rims. I have a little scrubber too for getting out the hard stuff. I also use Wheel Wipes in between washes if I notice alot of brake dust, or even to clean the salt off the rims in the winter. They come in super handy. You can also use a bug and tar remover (wipes) for the hard to get spots and stains. Or, good ol' soap that you use on the rest of your car and just some elbow grease. That's the one thing I don't like about small multi spoke wheels - so tough to clean.

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
Give them a coat of RejeX

You will astonished at how easy the crud comes off after that. Just a little pressured water.

I also use this stuff as my wax. It is not the deepest of all shines but the shit is magical in keeping the car clean for a long time.

Make sure you follow the directions. It works 10 times better when you do. Nothing special, just let them sit for 12 hours before driving.

Seriously, get this stuff!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts