Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everybody has just been merely making music to listen to....but nobody has been making music to hear!....the 90's saw a revolution in the music business wether it was hip hop or the start of the alternative scene....nobody has made the same kind of music since then....these kids today are just listening and not hearing....thats my take....anybody have any thoughts?

·
EVERYONE LOVES HYPNOTOAD!
1,361 Posts
Music comes in cycles, the next big trend, or the next big fad. Right now nothing of substance has come to the head of the class. I just thank god that the latest wave of "sugar pop and boy bands" has come to an end.

·
*BARK*
155 Posts
Music is how you interpret it... if you think that new bands don't have a message then you're not looking for one. It's different for every person though. Music is/was my outlet... I don't know where I'd be without these new groups.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
I disagree I think right now we are getting some really good music produced. No different than any other time!

·
*BARK*
155 Posts
Actually they are classified at Pop-Punk... if you're talking about Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, New Found Glory, and all of them... not saying they're bad I'm just saying that "Pop-Punk" seems to be the new trend... (Thank you Blink-182 :mad: )

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
watson80 said:
I disagree I think right now we are getting some really good music produced. No different than any other time!
Just curious what your idea of good music that is coming out now? I'm not hating just want to know if I'm missing something. Damn near everything I hear on the radio or the 12 mtv like channels I have sucks ass. Most of the time the good music is from people that have been around forever and are releasing their new material or making a come back. There are a very few good newer bands but I'd say they are about 1 in 10K and ten years ago it was 1 in 100, or at least that's what it seems like to me.

·
*BARK*
155 Posts
You can't go to MTV for music... they only play the same things over and over... don't get me wrong some good bands are on MTV but I personally haven't watched MTV in forever since it's not a station about music anymore :rolleyes:

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
I don't watch MTV but I have at least 6 other music video channels with my digital cable that I do put on every now and then.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RabidDogBoy said:
You can't go to MTV for music... they only play the same things over and over... don't get me wrong some good bands are on MTV but I personally haven't watched MTV in forever since it's not a station about music anymore :rolleyes:

thats my point....music is not longer about music...its about looking pretty, shaking some ass, and pimped out caddys

evil.....examples....might be 50 cent, eminem, New Jay z, puffy....i dont know what everybody else is listening to...but for hip hop...its crap except for a select few....but back in the 90's every type of music was flurishing, hip hop, grundge, metal, r & b eveything! but now....garbage....i cant even give examples of the shit out now because everytime i hear it i turn it off! sorry for me it just doesnt have the same feel that it once had....

·
Registered
16 Posts
REAL music - listen to stuff like modest mouse and yeah yeah yeahs... its like a grunge comeback here in seattle

most of the other stuff is overproduced bs that turns into boy bands that dont write their own songs... that is the biggest crime, in my opinion. write your own music for goodness sake :fiddle:

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
I hate grunge I hate punk. I am an R&B guy...new stuff old school. Really I listen to about any other type of music.

·
*BARK*
155 Posts
I like some grunge... like Local H and some older Nirvana... never really got into it that much... Punk on the other hand is my music of choice... first CD I ever bought was Green Day's Dookie and ever since I've been hooked... the new punk is kinda ghey though... I don't really get much from it... Pop-punk on the other hand I really like because it's a genre me and my girlfriend both enjoy so I find it easier to listen to since it reminds me of her. Linkin Park falls under neither of these categories and frankly I can't think of a category they would fall under, they're more of a rock/rap/techno hybrid and their songs touch all of the music genres out there. I listen to pretty much all kinds of music(yes, even Country and Classical) but in most cases older is better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts