Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been meaning to get new headlights for my car for the last year or two, because my current ones are dinged up and foggy, and after sanding them down, only to have them fog back up extraordinarily quickly, I'd rather spend money on a new pair than go through that again.

That said, part of why I bought a Hyundai back in 2001 was because I'm kind of a cheapskate. I saw a whole bunch of headlights that were $60-$120 each, and then I saw a pair that came to $100 shipped:
SOLD!

They arrived surprisingly quickly, and the difference between the new lights and the old lights was pretty stunning.
hl1.jpg
hl2.jpg

At least until it came time to install them...

One of the holes in each headlight failed to match up with the holes on the car's body. The headlights stay in well enough that I probably could get by without the third bolt, but I'm going to drill a new hole in there just cuz.

hl3.jpg

Additionally, the place where you plug the wire harness in for the blinker/indicator wasn't shaped quite right on one of the headlights, in such a way that the harness wouldn't snap in. I resolved this by grabbing the old headlight and pulling the blinker & holder out of there, and the problem was solved.

They're also not quite an exact fit, as you'll see below. There's a gap underneath the headlights, although I'm not sure how concerned I am about that.

hl4.jpg

I guess you get what you pay for - but who knows, maybe the other non-OEM headlights that are just a bit more expensive might have the same flaws. Anyway, on with the photos:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Now the cool thing would be to accept $20+shipping for the old ones if the mounts are all there! :) I know how you feel with the sanding and rehazing... I plan to do a retrofit and vacuum mold new covers(well a lot more than just that).

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already tossed em :( I would have never gotten off my butt to put them in the mail anyway, I'm terrible at shipping things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts