Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure exactly where to post this, in here or in help. Oh well, here goes. Right now it is 102 degrees out w/ only 11% humidity. :cool: My car is tinted as dark as the law allows all the way around, which is pretty much in AZ. Also, I have my sunscreen up in the front windshield. Now then, yesterday I got in my car and my passenger side visor vanity mirror had fallen out of the visor and was sitting on the seat. :eek: I just went out today and it was the same song - second verse; driver side visor vanity mirror laying in driver seat. :mad: They appear to have been held in by little tiny plastic clips on the sides (all broken now) and some sort of double sided tape in the middle. I'm not about to try more double sided tape, especially now that the clips are broken. I thought about using liquid nails since I use it on everything else. Anyone have this happen? If so, what works to repair? Would it be covered by warranty? :confused: I don't want to pay to have a stinkin' vanity mirror installed in my visors, if you know what I mean. :( Any and all suggestions appreciated and will be taken into consideration. Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Thats what you get for moving to the surface of the sun buddy! JFWY I'd take it to the dealership and raise some Cain if I were you.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
If you have less than 60k and the car isn't 5yrs old make the dealer give you new visors. That's what the warrenty is for. After the warrenty is up then I'd give aproval to the save a buck liquid nails approach but why pinch pennies when they are somebody else's.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only got 28K mi & 2 yrs. I just hate taking it to the dealer unless I absolutely have to. It's never been back since I bought it. Maybe I'll take it in anyways so they can perform recall work and other various technical service bulletins all in one shot. That I can live with, as long as they don't try to give me any shit about mods and what not.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So funny, can't wait to take mine in to see their reaction, maybe it's more common than we think, especially in hotter climates.
EDIT: You may want to wait for the other side to fall out (won't be very long), get'em both fixed at the same time ;)

·
Registered
851 Posts
There's sunshades in our cars? And vanity mirrors? woah, they haven't moved since I bought the car, well unless someone was playing with them when I wasn't looking. Guess that's a good thing too seeing as they are fragile! Definitely take it to the dealership and use your bumper-to-bumper warranty!

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
How are these "Clips" breaking? I understand the heat making the adhesives let go, but what happened to the clips?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jlivan said:
All I have to say is the heat index is 94 degrees w/62% humidity here. Sticky as a __________! you fill in the blank!

-Lisa
Monsoons just started here, right now 98 degrees w/ 39% humidity. Not very pleasant. But we need lots of rain.

hyunelan2 said:
How are these "Clips" breaking? I understand the heat making the adhesives let go, but what happened to the clips?
don't know, maybe heat weakend the plastic enough for it to just give out. I'm not sure how hot it got inside the car. Hot day yes, but not the hottest.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hurricane season - Keep your XD safe!!! Oh, and yourself too. I personally have never witnessed a weather calamity before, I think that's why I put up with the outrageous summer heat here, plus rest of year is perfect (damn snowbirds though!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
well here where I live its drier than anything. Its the damn desert for pete;s sake. This isn't because of humidity. Anyways, I spoke to the service advisor today and he said to take it in.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Jlivan said:
Hurricane season here. It's raining a lot here too, everyday we have afternoon showers.

That why I'm glad that I live in sunny Cali. Rather handle the occational earthquake than the regular occuring hurricane or tornado.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts