Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is kind of a FLAME thread but oh well. So I got to Charlottetown, PEI. yesterday at lunch, everyone has noticed my car but no one has any clue about car modification here. So guy asked me today (he was my age) if my tires were supposed to be so small (215/35 18s). It seems that everyone drives pickups and Cavaliers. At night when all the "cool kiddies" come out they drive by the house slow and rev their engines, like they are trying to mark their territory. If you could only see the state of this place, im ashamed of the import scene here.

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
It is pretty bad in Cleveland, OH there are some cool cars but most people I see have Fast&Furious Stickers all over thier cavaliers with stock everything or just headlight covers and exhaust tip. Last week one of them pulled up next to me and reved his engine and I knew I could kill him but I rolled my window up while he peeled out and went right into a speed trap! BUSTED! 1 less ricer to worry about :abovelol:

·
Registered
851 Posts
hahaha, that's funny. Every trend of society takes much longer to reach the island and some of them just don't catch hold. I wonder why that is. There is only one Hyundai dealership on the whole island right? I'll have to make sure my car is ready to blow some minds when I go down there, the lack of name badges will probably throw them for a loop.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I Fresno most of the moded vehicles are either Civics or trucks. The civics are almost all rice, and the trucks all have airbags, and like to drag the rear bumper so they leave a spark trail behind them.

·
Golf Addict
212 Posts
Up here in Oregon, the weather's too crappy to have a truly sweet car unless you have a garage and a car to drive when the westher stinks. I see modded Integras and Civics and stuff, but never a Hyundai, and they all look like crap. My friend has a black Infiniti G35 that almost makes me weep, but he's a exception to the rule. I'm anti-rice, but I can appreciate some nice modifications on a clean car. Back home in San Diego, it's rice-a-palooza, everywhere you look.

-Roy

·
Registered
670 Posts
The most modding done in my immediate area is altezza tail lights "custom CAI" and lowering.... THAT IT. there are no nice import cars around here. But there are some VERY NICE domestic muscle cars :D

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve said:
hahaha, that's funny. Every trend of society takes much longer to reach the island and some of them just don't catch hold. I wonder why that is. There is only one Hyundai dealership on the whole island right? I'll have to make sure my car is ready to blow some minds when I go down there, the lack of name badges will probably throw them for a loop.
Yeah there is only one and its in charlottetown. I also have no badges and yes people are really confused. I had my neon underbody going last night, it seems that everyone for miles was coming out to see my car. I dont think anyone here has ever seen a set of racing seats up close either, im just so amazed at this place. Oh its also nice to come home and see that the people who made fun of me in high school are serving me burgers or ringing in my groceries.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
Get used to it! Once you get your car fixed up every asshole will try that stuff. I get it all the time everyday since I got it done!

·
Registered
851 Posts
It's hard to believe that there isn't some modded cars down there, but now that I think about when I was there in 2001, I can't remember seeing anything at all. What do those people do with their spare time and money?

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did see a sunfire with 15" rims and a few decals, an integra (93 I think) with a wide mouth bumper on it (I dont know the name but you know the one all the civics have on them.) a turbo talon with no exhaust, it was dragging under the car. Thats about it.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
i would have to say that around my area....the couple of hyundais rule! mine included!*LOL* anyway...there are atleast 15 or so nice rides going around but the majority are riced out domestics with spinning hubcaps! *L*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts