Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think there should be a thread helping ppl out who don't know how to file for mailfraud when someone has ripped them, or a place were ppl can post about good ppl to buy from, and bad ppl to buy from.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I thought about it when I was setting up the forums and still did not make a decision.
The thing is that the threads in that forum will turn into flames really fast. Both parties will be giving their version of the story and users won't know whom to believe. It's not like the person who is at fault will readily admit "Yes, I ripped XYZ member off!" or "Yes, I actually sent a fraudulent check and want to get my product".

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Perhaps you can just make a locked sticky saying - based on other people's experiences these are some companies to "beware" and these are some companies that haven't experienced many problems. I think people, especially noobs would appreciate some direction as they don't want to get ripped off as much as the next guy.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
i think if it involves a company, it's probably okay to start a thread as proposed by skizzik. but if it involves a personal transaction between two people, i strongly feel it should remain private.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Or set it up as a poll where you can vote that you had a good experience or vote that the seller sucked.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
2GTS said:
Or set it up as a poll where you can vote that you had a good experience or vote that the seller sucked.
that's a great idea, this way everyone who's dealt with the company can have their input, pos or neg. if this type of rule gets implemented, it should also require anyone who votes in the poll to explain their reason behind their vote. this way you can't have your friends vote the same way you did just to sway the results one way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts