Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, I know this has garnered little attention, but anyone who frequents the new tib forums please keep an eye out for anyone getting rid of their old exhaust. I am still very interested in trying to "adapt" one for the Elantra.
I think this might be an alternative to us "old guys" who don't want to hear our exhaust all the time. My elantra is used for vacation and I don't need it to drive us nuts!

Thanks ahead of time for any and all help!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have a magnaflow on mine, and I think it is pretty quiet. What do you have now?

·
Registered
454 Posts
have you seen the tib exhaust? The design really sucks and it is not a true dual at all. Quite a few people with tibs are switching to a single exhaust

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah, I work in a dealership and see them all the time. They Y at the first muffler. Even though they are flowing through stock style mufflers, there are twice as many! When you compare them, they are almost the same size externally with the same size inlet pipe. Plus I like the deeper tone!

As for what I have now, all stock. Just wanting something a little different. I think an elantra would look realy cool with dual tips!

Hey 2Bit, where did you get your fog bulbs? I haven't found any blues yet.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I remember seeing a picture of a hatch with dual exhausts. Might have been on car domain I am sure someone will remember it and post the pic

·
Registered
542 Posts
Off Topic:
got the xenon bulbs at sounddomain.com, but here is a story: put the first set in and they lasted about 6 months before the driver side went out, replaced it, and the new one lasted 2 weeks, so I have factory bulbs in right now. Thinking about getting XD5 fog bulbs from globalpremier.com but they are more pricy.
sorry for the off topic post.

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
No offence why would you want a GK exhaust?, they is a reason GK owners toss them, they are too restrictive, the design sucks..(unless U do the KOREAN MOD) with the Y pipe cut and a straight piece added :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Get an exhaust from some european car from the junk yard. Something with 6 cylinders should have an exhaust that low enough in restriction and should be quite. You might find an OEM unit on ebay for cheap.

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
Someone over at elantragtclub got dual pipes but I can't find the person. He had it custom done.

And that brings up the best point. Have it done custom. It will be cheaper than trying to adapt the tib stuff. It doesn't fit and has to be cobbled together.

If you want performance, don't do it. If you want just the look, then go for it. That's what the guy over at the club wanted.

Damn I wish i could find that thread. There was a pic too.

·
Woohoo! No more payments
59 Posts
I have to admit that I like the idea of dual exhaust.

I'd like to say that I'm sure we could find some combination of muffler or something that would make this work, at least as good as the stock setup.

I'm assuming that this is the Tib exhaust we are discussing. And here are some pics of some dual exhaust setups. Hard to believe that the exhausts on these cars hinder performance.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
I'm assuming that this is the Tib exhaust we are discussing. And here are some pics of some dual exhaust setups. Hard to believe that the exhausts on these cars hinder performance.
Too bad they were talking about adapting the STOCK exhaust, not that.

Duals on an I4, rediculous

1 - 14 of 14 Posts