Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just FYI for you guys with '04's... If you decide to get the tib pedals for your ride, you will need to go to your local dealership and order a gas pedal assembly for an '01-03. The gas pedal in the 04 is totally rectangle and very thick. The tib pedal is sort of diamond shaped and very thin. Also, the 03 pedal does not swivel like the 04. So, in short, spend an extra 20 bucks so your metal gas pedal will fit properly. The brake and clutch will work just fine with no mods. There are so many things that are the same on the 04's, but there are just as any things that are different. For those of you that want the gas pedal to fit your 04, order this part number from your local dealer.
32700-2D000. That will solve all of your problems

·
Registered
416 Posts
well, what I saw on Korean xd forum, they just zip tied. Some of them cut the rubber part of tibby pedal. They said, you can't really see the zip tied part.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have a 01-03 pedal, installed it, disliked the loss of pedal modulation and the resulting slack in the cable. I put the 04 one back in. I'm just going to trim the rubber away from the back of the cover and use some extreme adhesive to hold it onto the pedal.

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
The new 04 Kia spectra has pedals that look like the Tibby's. Since the interior vs the elantra is almost exactly the same....maybe you can use the spectra's pedals for an 04 elantra?

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
hmmm....could you elaborate on that bushing a little more CVVT...I got "slack" and "poor pedal feel" when I swapped to the 01/03 pedal.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
On the end of the cable that attaches to the pedal, there is a knob (metal). This is what keeps the cable from falling through the pedal. There is also a black plastic bushing with three little tangs on it that snaps into the pedal assembly (bushing is on the cable itself, and it's not hard mounted so it slides around when the cable is loose). You have to make sure that the plastic bushing is snapped in. I had to attatch the cable to the pedal before I bolted the assembly down. I'll try to get a pic, but it may be hard to do.

I remember having to work a little bit to get the bushing in first as things are a little tight in that area.

**UPDATE**
I took some pics today. I hope this will help make sure you have the bushing in the right place.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts