Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 54,000 on my 2003, anyone know if the tie rod and struts are covered under warranty?
(Please say yes...)

Tena

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I'm not sure about the tie rod, but sturts are considered normal wear and tear items, and not covered by warrenty.

What kind of problem do you have with the tie-rod?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to have it inspected last night and they failed it due to the tie-rod being loose?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
54k you are out of warranty for tierods and sway bar endlinks, as well as struts. Now if your spring broke, and messed up your tierod ;) then you would be covered.

But as it is you already took it in, you will have to pay for them.

Tie Rod Ends:

56820-25000 List price: 45.34 Your cost: 33.73 + shipping

Struts:

54661-2D100 - RH
54651-2D100 - LH

List Price: 116.30 each Your Cost: 87.70 each + shipping

shawn :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't take it to the dealer for the inspection, I took it to a Meineke (SP?). They showed me how it moved, and said it should not move at all. Is this true? I am always hesitant about those places, wondering if they are trying to get you to replace stuff you don't need to. He also showed me how my studded tire (just driver rear) was wearing really strange. Like a zig-zag, said it was the strut.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
lol, I hate meineke, they are horrible "mechanics" and they will try to rape you @ all possible times.

take it to the dealer, tell them your car is riding wierd, see if they come to you with warranty

·
Registered
83 Posts
sed said:
54k you are out of warranty for tierods and sway bar endlinks, as well as struts. Now if your spring broke, and messed up your tierod ;) then you would be covered.

But as it is you already took it in, you will have to pay for them.

Tie Rod Ends:

56820-25000 List price: 45.34 Your cost: 33.73 + shipping

Struts:

54661-2D100 - RH
54651-2D100 - LH

List Price: 116.30 each Your Cost: 87.70 each + shipping

Can you explain exactly when would these be covered to, as I don't remember seeing any thing specific about suspension parts in the warranty. Isn't BUMPER TO BUMBER (except for norm maint items) 60K, 5 years? Of course damege from driving shoud not be covered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts